Author Topic: Thermal Camera comes to ALDI!  (Read 2173 times)

Offline GyroTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Thermal Camera comes to ALDI!
« on: September 30, 2018, 04:51:00 pm »
I was just browsing the upcoming Aldi center isle deals (although this one's internet only) and came across a thermal camera!  :o

https://www.aldi.co.uk/rothenberger-thermal-imaging-camera/p/084078218873400

It looks expensive at £899 (but then again, anything looks expensive at £899 to me!) but it's 320x240 with an upper limit of 350'C. Integrated video camera HDMI out too.

Rothenberger looks like a pipework technology tools company rather than an own-brand. Of course it has the standard Aldi 3 year warranty.

As I say, I've no idea whether it's anywhere near in the price stakes, or whether it's related one of the newer Chinese ones but I though it might prompt a discussion.
Best Regards, Chris

Offline tsman

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Thermal Camera comes to ALDI!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 05:38:20 pm »
Squinting at the photos shows it has a model number of DT-980 which makes it easy for us since they didn't bother to change it. Loads of rebranded versions of the DT-980 but I think the OEM is CEM? Search for it and you'll find it anyway. Aldi price seems to be roughly the normal retail price for a DT-980.

The following users thanked this post: Gyro

Offline GyroTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 05:43:25 pm »
Damn, I mistook display resolution for thermal imager resolution (not quoted in the listing) - not so great then!
Best Regards, Chris

Online coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 05:49:34 pm »
Let's see. What do I need from Aldi this week? Some cheapo pot noodles. Some bargain basement off brand cookies. Oh, and an 899 pound thermal imaging camera.

The following users thanked this post: voltsandjolts, pseudotexan

Offline Vipitis

• Frequent Contributor
  • aspiring thermal photography enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 06:23:17 pm »
ALDI is different in UK. I knew that Aussie ALDI sold very well priced 3D printers... But this seems oddly niche. Maybe in a hardware store, but not your discounter.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf