Author Topic: Thermal Imaging Gallery  (Read 115093 times)

Online DaneLaw

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Thermal Imaging Gallery
« Reply #400 on: April 11, 2021, 02:51:19 am »
@DaneLaw could you post a Seek TIFF file of one of your beautifully clean scenes?  If you don't already know, in order to save tiffs you have to have the "save all data" option enabled in the settings AND you have to set the view mode to the one with the square of 9 squares symbol.  The tiffs are then in the "pictures" folder instead of the "images" folder...IIRC.
I would love to if I could' as I'm looking enviously everytime you guys are messing around with these TIFF files & radiometric values from your devices, but I'm sadly on an iOS platform that are often quite restricted, and I'm left with the conclusion that all this jazz of thermal information, is simply not processed to these third-party files no matter the preset I choose' when Im on iOS platform.

We also don't have tthe option "to save all data" as far as I can tell.. (screen dump from the Seek iOS menu below, as attachment)
On iOS, you can open the "easter egg" menu, which will give you a live-feed of your current framerate, and some other options like "staging server", and also "simulation mode" (when I asked Seek Thermal support' about some of these extra options, and what they meant & did in practice, they stated it was simply not intended for the end-user, and only for inhouse debugging and would not elevate on their specific purpose)

# Notice for other iOS users, that perhaps are not familiar with this hidden easter-egg menu, you access it by going into [about] and then click like 5 times on the image processing model number. (yep very Android-like  :palm:  though not sure if there is also this hidden menu on Android)

Focus edited Enhanced pictures Seek Pro iOS.
Victor, our cat

Seek iOS App menu-options:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 07:10:15 am by DaneLaw »

Offline IwuzBornanerd

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #401 on: April 11, 2021, 07:27:11 am »
Wow, so you IOS guys are screwed!  Ah, but  you get to see the frame rate instead; lucky you.  I checked & the option on Android is "Save all temperature data" under the main "Preferences" menu.  Maybe that will go away in a while since they don't provide any software to utilize them.

I don't mean to be harshly critical of the Seek cameras; I just don't want someone to think they are better than they really are.  I am mostly content with their performance for my purposes & what I paid for them, partly because I can use my own software. :)  The noise is causing some annoyance with surveillance, though.
I am not opposed to exercise, unless it is an exercise in futility.

Offline IwuzBornanerd

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #402 on: April 11, 2021, 08:08:07 am »
So long as we are showing cleanest shots off Seek Pro, here is my ice cream &  cheesecake with me in the background, using my software with a fresh 2-point NUC.  :)  Nearly 60C span.  Unfortunately I don't have that AI sharpening software to clean it up with.  :(

1210029-0

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
« Reply #403 on: April 11, 2021, 10:44:09 am »

That is pretty clean for a Seek!  -  I guess I'm usually looking at picture with only a few degrees C of contrast, where "something" in the signal path is amping up the gain - which is something that doesn't always have a happy ending with normal light photos either!

I wish it was possible to connect the Seek camera directly to my PC and take pictures from there, instead of being forced to use a mobile device as a step along the way...

Offline svgurus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #404 on: April 11, 2021, 11:56:36 am »
Awesome pictures.  The Pulsar one is good enough to be material for a poster, it is "just right" visually in so many ways!

I got the TIFF function working and did some stacks to reduce noise - it worked, but slow going.
Thanks) Draping of clothes looks mesmerizing in lwir, in white hot too, but in rainbow it can look even cooler, if AE algorithm doesnt mess up other details) this file was somehow upscaled, i will attach the original and some more from XP here.
Didnt see that menu item and sold seek android dongles, maybe it was useful) remember when i found folder with files from my first thermal imager, XR-micro usb, they were with 320*240 resolution, i thought my piece had qvga sensor, not 156*206 :D
SilverSolder, this subforum has attached thread about Joec's thermovision, give it a try) i tried it with XR, got a dead pixels map but couldnt improve images, is there any user manual?)) pro model with type с couldnt connect, iphone's needs tricky adapter, still waiting its delivery.

The following users thanked this post: SilverSolder

Online DaneLaw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #405 on: April 12, 2021, 02:09:18 am »
So long as we are showing cleanest shots off Seek Pro, here is my ice cream &  cheesecake with me in the background, using my software with a fresh 2-point NUC.  :)  Nearly 60C span.  Unfortunately I don't have that AI sharpening software to clean it up with.  :(

Excactly..its some of the best pictures I could get out of my old Seek Pro I'm uploading here, and some of them have been edited with enhancement to suppress noise, etc.

I have tried to take some of the other pictures on this page and the previous ones from other users Seek XR, Seek Pro, Pulsar, and see how they would look with crude enhancement, just to put it into perspective.
(*I hope it's okay.)

Examples. *original on the left and enhanced on the right. (though all text and numbers, I needed to mask otherwise it would get even more tarnished)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 02:52:15 am by DaneLaw »

The following users thanked this post: svgurus

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
« Reply #406 on: April 12, 2021, 02:44:01 am »
Awesome pictures.  The Pulsar one is good enough to be material for a poster, it is "just right" visually in so many ways!

I got the TIFF function working and did some stacks to reduce noise - it worked, but slow going.
Thanks) Draping of clothes looks mesmerizing in lwir, in white hot too, but in rainbow it can look even cooler, if AE algorithm doesnt mess up other details) this file was somehow upscaled, i will attach the original and some more from XP here.
Didnt see that menu item and sold seek android dongles, maybe it was useful) remember when i found folder with files from my first thermal imager, XR-micro usb, they were with 320*240 resolution, i thought my piece had qvga sensor, not 156*206 :D
SilverSolder, this subforum has attached thread about Joec's thermovision, give it a try) i tried it with XR, got a dead pixels map but couldnt improve images, is there any user manual?)) pro model with type с couldnt connect, iphone's needs tricky adapter, still waiting its delivery.

Your people shots are amazing, they would be good as regular photos too...  but the thermal lifts them higher and makes them even more interesting.

What tools do you use for image enhancement / sharpening /denoise - is it all Photoshop or do you also have some AI going on? :D

The following users thanked this post: svgurus

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
« Reply #407 on: April 12, 2021, 02:44:41 am »

Excactly..its some of the best pictures I could get out of my old Seek Pro I'm uploading here, and some of them have been edited with enhancement to suppress noise, etc.

I have tried to take some of the other pictures on this page and the previous ones from other users Seek XR, Seek Pro, Pulsar, and see how they would look with crude enhancement, just to put it into perspective.
(*I hope it's okay.)

Examples. *original on the left and enhanced on the right. (though all text and numbers, I needed to mask otherwise it would get even more tarnished)

I love what your enhancements are doing to the images.  Is it a Photoshop plugin or something like that, which you are using here?

Online DaneLaw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #408 on: April 12, 2021, 03:29:55 am »
I love what your enhancements are doing to the images.  Is it a Photoshop plugin or something like that, which you are using here?
I'm quite new to all of Adobe's portfolio of apps, like Premiere and Photoshop, instead been impressed with other programs, from makers like Topaz labs that in the bigger picture are quite crude..
But so far' its been better in achieving details from pictures, than what I'm getting in fx photoshop and some of their Ai-upscaling & detail-enhancement tools.
I tried this program called Gigapixel Ai and was impressed about how it could get details from were there almost was none.

I tested it with one of these 360 cameras, like Insta360 x2.
and it managed from the source material on the left to conclude that there are lines in between those ceramic parts on a streetlamp that were in the picture.
(zoomed way in)
but it is a balancing act to adjust the values, as otherwise, it will eat the details and look like an oilpainting.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 03:33:02 am by DaneLaw »

The following users thanked this post: SilverSolder

Offline IwuzBornanerd

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #409 on: April 12, 2021, 07:13:27 am »

(*I hope it's okay.)

It's certainly okay with me; I was hoping you would do that, thank you very much!  :)  :-+

It's a very pronounced improvement on the image with my distinct color palette (3rd sample).

I think this shows that the thing to be learned from these latest posts is not that Seek Pro can make great images but that there is software that can make them great.  So  Topaz Sharpen Ai is what you used to clean up those images?

Offline Bill W

• Super Contributor
    • Fire TICS
« Reply #410 on: April 12, 2021, 11:36:18 am »
Seen some good reviews of the Topaz labs software in astronomy publications lately, another pixel challenged hobby

Bill

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #411 on: April 12, 2021, 11:43:32 am »
Downloaded it to have a play with. Works well  :-+ Not sure I have anyway of justifying the price tag to keep it  :'( Still going to play some more over the next 30 days....

Random pick the front of my uber shiny Chromed/Stainless Espresso machine.

Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline svgurus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #412 on: April 12, 2021, 02:34:01 pm »

Your people shots are amazing, they would be good as regular photos too...  but the thermal lifts them higher and makes them even more interesting.

What tools do you use for image enhancement / sharpening /denoise - is it all Photoshop or do you also have some AI going on? :D
Thank you) I almost abandoned shooting on regular cameras, thermal is more interesting. But getting normal wide/tele lenses and info on cameras is a big headache. I dont like image editing software, adobe especially. Got a big image/video bundle from topaz on christmas sale, still didnt install it :D photos posted here were only cropped. and forum compresses them, pulsar ones were bit sharper, picture of building with flag is almost pixel-peepingly sharp)
DaneLaw, did you use all 3 topaz pieces - denoise, sharpen and gigapixel? my pictures look like graphic sketches after this enhancement, maybe after some more iterations they will be good enough, i'll try myself someday.

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
« Reply #413 on: April 12, 2021, 04:35:30 pm »

Thank you) I almost abandoned shooting on regular cameras, thermal is more interesting. But getting normal wide/tele lenses and info on cameras is a big headache. I dont like image editing software, adobe especially. Got a big image/video bundle from topaz on christmas sale, still didnt install it :D photos posted here were only cropped. and forum compresses them, pulsar ones were bit sharper, picture of building with flag is almost pixel-peepingly sharp)
DaneLaw, did you use all 3 topaz pieces - denoise, sharpen and gigapixel? my pictures look like graphic sketches after this enhancement, maybe after some more iterations they will be good enough, i'll try myself someday.

Yeah, Photoshop is sooo big and deep that it takes years to learn to use it fluently...  it is full of "secret handshake" keyboard shortcuts.   It is capable of doing almost anything, though, you can't take away from it that it is an incredibly powerful and capable graphics application that has evolved in the hands of countless professionals over decades.

Offline agate

• Contributor
« Reply #414 on: April 15, 2021, 04:54:19 pm »
Here is sample of DRS UC640-17 14 bit mode scaled to 8 bit then to H.265.
upgrades : lens 54mm F:1 , OLED monocular , video recorder (14 bit) to SD card.

The following users thanked this post: karpouzi9

Offline InvisibleMan

« Reply #415 on: April 22, 2021, 04:38:01 pm »
Stonehenge
Camera; Flir E4+
Upscaled to 2000 x 1500 using Affinity Photo and then live High Pass filter applied to sharpen.

The following users thanked this post: Ultrapurple

Offline jumpy9734

• Contributor
« Reply #416 on: April 23, 2021, 11:22:15 pm »
Seek Thermal Compact : 206 x 156 Thermal Sensor, 36° Field of View (2017 manual focus version)

I've recorded a few angles using a laptop and SeekOFix app (on windows 7). Image quality is better than on the android seek app and fps seems to be a bit higher (14-15 fps).

« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 11:25:49 pm by jumpy9734 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf