Author Topic: UNI-T UTi260B vs INFIRAY C200 vs something else?  (Read 4231 times)

Offline OnlyJackTopic starter

UNI-T UTi260B vs INFIRAY C200 vs something else?
« on: December 04, 2021, 06:51:25 pm »
Hey everyone, I read a lot about the UTi260B and the C200 individually but I did not find a good direct comparison.
It looks like their specs, software and price are mostly equal so maybe you can help pointing out differences and which one you would buy.
Also maybe there is another option that i'm currently not aware of.
Thx a lot in advance!

Re: UNI-T UTi260B vs INFIRAY C200 vs something else?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 09:19:55 am »
I attached the data sheets.
Most noticeable differences for me:
C200 -20°C - UTi260B -15°C
C200 <50mK - UTi260B <60mK
C200 25Hz - UTi260B <25Hz

Some other things I figured out by reading this forum:
- You can use focus lens for both of them
- The C200 does not support USB Video recording while the C210 does, but that model is not available anymore. Not sure if the 260B supports it.

But all these points don't help me with a decision so it would be awesome to get some input from people with experience   :)

Offline Paw85

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 10:26:15 am »
It would probably be useful to know what your purpose is with a thermal imager, what is it you intend to use it for?
We dont know if either of them may be suitable for what you intend to use them for?

Both these at least on paper look pretty similar but the Uni-T one has a higher IP-rating (better protected against dust and water) if that is of interest?
So whichever is cheaper if IP-rating is of no importance and you think they are suitable for your application?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 11:09:52 am by Paw85 »

The following users thanked this post: OnlyJack

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 02:03:47 pm »
Hey Paw85, thx a lot for your reply!
The intended use is indeed an important information.
I would like to use it for checking the heat distribution across the heatbed of my 3D printer, checking electronics (by using a focus lens) and also checking at home which windows might lack isolation / finding cold spots at home or leaking hot spots outside of my home.
So the IP rating is not is not too much of interest but you're right, I missed that difference!

Offline Paw85

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2021, 07:03:01 pm »
Hey Paw85, thx a lot for your reply!
The intended use is indeed an important information.
I would like to use it for checking the heat distribution across the heatbed of my 3D printer, checking electronics (by using a focus lens) and also checking at home which windows might lack isolation / finding cold spots at home or leaking hot spots outside of my home.
So the IP rating is not is not too much of interest but you're right, I missed that difference!

As for alternatives, if cost is of concern then at half the cost perhaps the UTi690A may be of interest (you can find my review here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/uni-t-uti690a-review-(120x90)/)
It has 1/5 the thermal pixels, lacks a regular camera and a few options like box measurement (available on the PC-software though), and no one I think have yet tried it with a ZnSe lens for closeup electronics work.
As for closeup PCB-work without a lens, you can check the performance here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/uni-t-uti690a-(120x90-entrybudget)/msg3836309/#msg3836309
I already had a hacked Flir E30bx (320x240) with but wanted a more rugged thermal imager that I didnt have to be very careful about using, and having used both, for checking my 3D printers and cold spots around the house indoors both work equally well, the UTi690A just gives smaller picture but the temperature readings are the same on both thermal imagers (within tolerance).

That being said, if you have already saved up for the UTi260B or C200 then those are probably more fun options, but.... I dont know if there really are any other good alternatives to those two other than that in that price segment when it comes to a standalone unit? (Probably why the low number of responses)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 07:04:44 pm by Paw85 »

Offline thermalengineer

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2022, 01:25:50 am »
As an engineer, I prefer portable thermal imaging tools like T3s which is a kind of fantastic camera in every way. the resolution is far better than a FLIR one pro, and a high refresh rate is definitely welcome as well as the resolution. Simply AWESOME! Next time I want to try the handheld thermal camera.  Will always pay attention to your posts. :)

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2022, 08:28:29 pm »
I got the UNI-T UTi260B and had some time to test it. I really love it. I'm now just waiting for the lens I ordered so that I can also test it with electronics  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf