Author Topic: Uni-t UTi260B  (Read 112034 times)

Offline CANUK

• Contributor
Re: Uni-t UTi260B
« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2022, 08:18:42 pm »
Thanks for the explanation.  :-+ I would like to hear the experience with FFC of other UTI260B owners.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 08:31:21 pm by CANUK »

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2022, 11:23:45 am »
Alex at NorthridgeFIX has just released a video showing the ZnSe close-up lens equipped UTi260B in use on an iPad PCB repair.

https://youtu.be/AmprcM6pT8c

Fraser
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 11:32:39 am by Fraser »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline Pude

• Contributor
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2022, 10:24:17 pm »
Thank you @Canuc for this adapter model. This is my first 3D print ever and it came out pretty well just using default settings.
Now just a little more waiting and hopefully the camera and the lens arrives from Banggood pretty soon.  The printer came from Europe but camera and the assessories are from China.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 10:48:43 am by Pude »

Offline KG7AMV

• Frequent Contributor
  • Rhine_Labs
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #128 on: February 05, 2022, 06:18:57 pm »
I received my Uti260B With a Macro Lens Yesterday From China about 10-11 days.

I think this tool will pay for it self quickly in time saved.

I can Confirm it works with OBS.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 06:22:20 pm by KG7AMV »

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
    • General Repair and Support
« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2022, 07:32:38 pm »
Nice.. Is it OK to be green with envy?

Offline Pude

• Contributor
« Reply #130 on: February 10, 2022, 06:03:16 pm »
After a few shots I'm really pleased the quality of this device. Especially with the additional 50mm lens and the 3d-printed lens holder. Again, thank you eevblog-forum. This camera takes thermal image and a normal pic same time. You can see additional lens and the holder in those "normal" pics. One picture is to compare with and without the 50mm lens. 

Offline KG7AMV

• Frequent Contributor
  • Rhine_Labs
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2022, 04:06:33 pm »
Well the thermal camera officially paid for it self little over a week averaging 68min's form the time board's hit the bench to the time short/bad ic is found generally it takes me 20-40min and bunch of ipa and cuss words. On top of that 4 condemned board recovered form the scrap bin and found the annoying squeaky bearing in the band saw. I Also Fixed a draft in the house the wife kept complaining about Very happy.

Only complaints so far is the macro lens holder there needs to be a better more secure method with easy removal vs double sided tape. CANUK cover loos cool i guess it is time for a 3d printer.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 04:09:18 pm by KG7AMV »

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk

Offline Fabian

• Contributor
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2022, 08:13:25 am »
Hi everyone,
I made another holder for the 20mm lens (F=60mm works great), which allows to slide the lens in and out. If it is not used, it is hidden behind some wall so it does not get damaged easily.

The following users thanked this post: Fraser, frenky, Tugo, AlexP., vav

Offline ashketik

« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2022, 08:59:03 pm »
Hi everyone,
I recently received this thermal imager. After a few hours of work a hot spot appeared on the screen. The seller claims that the device is working correctly and soon this spot will disappear. I saw that some people also had this situation. Who had this problem tell me if this defect has disappeared or has increased. I want to understand if I need to return the device or claim compensation.
1420495-0
1420501-1

Thanks. Sorry, English is not my native language.

Offline vav

• Contributor
« Reply #134 on: February 20, 2022, 10:54:11 pm »
Hi, Uni-t UTi260B at Bangood for 289 €. From Czech warehouse, promo code: BGGines. You pay 32 € less, free shipping. Applies to the EU. English is not my native language.

Offline Ratisse

• Contributor
« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2022, 04:42:29 pm »
Hi everybody, I have exactly the same problem, I opened a ticket, it is still in progress

For those who are interested, I designed a lens + macro lens cover: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5269694
Added today the macro lens holder, Hope it will fit your 20mm lens, mine fell down to the floor while taking measurements to design this and now is in pieces grrrrr!

Tell me if I have something to modify
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 05:28:16 pm by Ratisse »

The following users thanked this post: Pude, vav

Offline vav

• Contributor
« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2022, 01:11:12 am »
Hi, would you be so kind as to try to create a model to attach a lens? I didn't know, and certainly many others, that it could be bought in its entirety. I have already bought a 20 / 50.8mm lens, and I would be very grateful if you added it to your project. I apologize if this is incomprehensible, I use a translator, English is not my native language.

Offline Creep

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2022, 03:04:20 am »
Received the UTI260B yesterday. The seller seems to have forgotten to put the Macro lens in the package so I guess testing with electronics will have to be put on hold for a while.

What is a bit more problematic though, is the fact that I can't seem to be able to run the Uni-T software. Downloaded it from their website, installed it, however, when I run it, it seems to just close itself while loading (around 1-2 seconds after launching the executable). Using Windows 10 here.
Has anyone gotten the software to work?
Or is there any other way to get a live image from the camera to a monitor?

Offline Creep

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #138 on: March 09, 2022, 06:22:51 am »
Fired up the camera and got greeted with a large dose of confusion.

Depending on the scene, the image can look completely fine for some scenes, but show varying degrees of bright vertical lines for others.
Here is an extreme example of this.
It seems to be somehow related to the FFC, because they change every time the FFC triggers. The lines can be either static or slowly moving horizontally.
Is this an effect of the camera warming up? After sitting powered for around 10-15 minutes it seems to be fine and showing what is expected. Is this normal of does it point to some sort of a defect of the camera? Not quite sure yet if how it would behave when given the opportunity to cool down again.

EDIT: Based on current observations it looks like something weird related to the power supply system, looks like the camera works totally fine when attached to a charging cable or when the battery is totally full, when the battery gets slightly drained (3/4 bars capacity remaining), this vertical line thing starts appearing, even with a camera that has warmed up.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 08:45:38 am by Creep »

Offline Bill W

• Super Contributor
    • Fire TICS
« Reply #139 on: March 09, 2022, 11:19:26 am »
May be a combination of two things.

Static vertical lines which go away at FFC then get worse until the next FFC is fairly normal warming up for any bolometer.  The camera manufacturer should avoid this by setting up variable FFC times and triggering by (timer/temperature/image analysis).

Vertical lines that are locked in at FFC and do not change is likely a power supply noise.  Design error / deliberate cheapskating.  You would though also expect to see the same noise running through all the time give or take a bit of field averaging.  You could try sucessive still frames and do some image maths to be sure which is which.

In any case if you reduce the scene span too much (say under 1°C) some vertical patterning will show up on most cameras.

[edit]
Seen your scale of 40° span in the image
That is broken
[/edit]

Bill

« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 05:10:01 pm by Bill W »

Offline Ratisse

• Contributor
« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2022, 12:06:06 pm »
Hi, english is not my native language too. Yes, I think It's possible to design a lens holder for your lens but I will need the accurate measurements of it. The problem is that I won't be able to test it without having a real lens in the hands. The best way is to scan the lens with your multifunction printer without touching any settings, so at least I will have a real picture to work with in Freecad

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #141 on: March 09, 2022, 12:42:59 pm »
Throwing my hat in the ring. Want this with the macro. Watching with interest.
iratus parum formica

Offline TinkeringSteve

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #142 on: March 09, 2022, 05:54:33 pm »
The sliding lens holder made by Fabian looks nicer than the bulky gray one.
But I also have that lens in the white plastic thing around it. Can that be easily taken out, to be used with Fabian's holder, or does it break or something? (not even sure what the material is...)

Offline vav

• Contributor
« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2022, 02:30:19 am »
Hi, I ordered 260B from Banggood, but they sent 690B. I requested software from the service center for communication between the camera and the PC. I think it will also work with 260B. Size 50MB. (Uti-Line Screen V 1.53). Write me a private message, e-mail address, I'll send it to you. (Translator SK / ENG)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 10:18:15 pm by vav »

Offline Ratisse

• Contributor
« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2022, 06:16:02 pm »
The software downlowdable fron the Banggood description works fine with Windows10

Offline WAGAbund

« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2022, 04:02:13 pm »
I purchased the UTI260B in February this year. I saw on youtube that you can connect it to a smartphone to record video (firmware 1.1.6). Unfortunately my device has firmware 1.2.6, which does not allow connection to an android phone. This is not a problem of android (I tested 7,10 and 11) and applications (I tested from Google Play: USB Camera yellow icon;nExt Camera;CameraFi;OTG View2;USB Endoscope;Endoscope camera).  :(
Someone has device version 1.2.6 and works with phone? (It is not about file transfer).
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 04:04:07 pm by WAGAbund »

Offline TinkeringSteve

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2022, 04:13:57 pm »
I purchased the UTI260B in February this year. I saw on youtube that you can connect it to a smartphone to record video (firmware 1.1.6). Unfortunately my device has firmware 1.2.6, which does not allow connection to an android phone. This is not a problem of android (I tested 7,10 and 11) and applications (I tested from Google Play: USB Camera yellow icon;nExt Camera;CameraFi;OTG View2;USB Endoscope;Endoscope camera).  :(
Someone has device version 1.2.6 and works with phone? (It is not about file transfer).

IDK about phone. But my 260B has a menu entry somewhere in the settings where the device's USB mod can be changed between camera vs. file storage. It does only one of those things at a time. And from what I remember, it didn't remember my choice on next boot. No idea what the firmware version is.

Offline WAGAbund

« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2022, 06:06:33 pm »
IDK about phone. But my 260B has a menu entry somewhere in the settings where the device's USB mod can be changed between camera vs. file storage. It does only one of those things at a time. And from what I remember, it didn't remember my choice on next boot. No idea what the firmware version is.

I have tested on several phones Samsung S7, Xaomi MI9; Nubia Z7max. I know the option to change settings (either file transfer , or camera USB). When setting USB camera there is no connection to the applications I mentioned earlier.
You can check your version in menu under device info.

Offline TinkeringSteve

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2022, 06:13:40 pm »
I have tested on several phones Samsung S7, Xaomi MI9; Nubia Z7max. I know the option to change settings (either file transfer , or camera USB). When setting USB camera there is no connection to the applications I mentioned earlier.
You can check your version in menu under device info.

Ah, I have 1.2.2, something in between.

Offline WAGAbund

« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2022, 06:52:16 pm »
Ah, I have 1.2.2, something in between.

This would confirm that version 1.2.6 has a bug that does not allow connection to the phone in usb camera mode.  >:(
Or perhaps someone is working on hacking the 260B? Then you could upload custom firmware etc.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf