Author Topic: Selecting a thermal camera in the $500 budget?  (Read 2173 times)

Offline martin1454Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Selecting a thermal camera in the $500 budget?
« on: September 20, 2021, 09:04:53 am »
I finally got approved to purchase a thermal camera for our lab  :D .

The primary purpose will be for debugging, thermal tests (and messing around since you can't resist!)
Secondary our automation and mechanical department will borrow it from time to time for various tests.

I have been given an aproximat budget of US $500+/-  $100.
Right now I'm looking at the HT-19 since it have a great resolution for the price. Is there any other cameras I should consider instead?

I'm also planning to get an lens from Aliexpress.

Br. Martin

Offline DaneLaw

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Selecting a thermal camera in the $500 budget?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2022, 08:10:56 am »
It depends.. is it a "handheld" or a thermal dongle your pursuing..
since you mention the HT19 I reckon it's the handheld you'r going for.
Personally, I would not go for the HT19 in 2022.. which I reckon is still sub 9hz.
For a decent handheld in 2022, I would look at GuideSense models.. like the PC210 or PC230. which seems to be a tad over 300.
It's a 256x192 sensor and is obviously smaller than 320x240 and the Guide PC210/230 unit also has a smaller screen, but the picture seems better even with less resolution..
There is also the UnitT260B, but from the looks of it, the Guide PC210/230 does seem to deliver a cleaner picture.. both 25hz if I recall (don't have either, as I prefer dongles)
Check Youtube.. gives a decent insight into the experience you will encounter with these.

Offline thermalengineer

• Contributor
  • !
Re: Selecting a thermal camera in the $500 budget?
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2022, 04:16:29 am »
I would like to recommend p2 which is my best partner in my daily work. The price is only $269 but it's equipped with powerful functions of temperature measurement.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf