Author Topic: Uti260b-Uti690b Firmware backup script  (Read 10991 times)

Offline EV.geny

Re: Uti260b-Uti690b Firmware backup script
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2023, 03:04:05 pm »
Those are B, K and NUC calibration files

Fraser
What exactly are these files provided to calibrate?

Offline sergk

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2023, 02:24:38 pm »
Original script backups only part of filesystem, for example zImage (which is kernel image), but not /lib, where kernel modules are located (and they are unique for each kernel version/build), as you can see in init scripts some custom module loading (for example in usbcamerasetting.sh) happens, restoring only image from newer or older firmware version can lead to non working unit or parts of unit, so i suggest to backup full fs and explore it if you are interested. There is 3 interesting mount points:
/dev/root                 3.0G    306.5M      2.5G  11% /
/dev/mmcblk1p2            3.0G    306.5M      2.5G  11% /media/mmcblk1p2 (this is rootfs ( / ) in fact)
/dev/mmcblk1p1          499.7M      7.5M    492.2M   2% /media/mmcblk1p1

I've attached my version of backup script, it'll tar (without compression for speed reasons) all this 3 mount points, you can exclude one of / or /media/mmcblk1p2 if you don't want two copies.
Script can run few minutes, executing instructions are same.

Offline mabe

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2023, 11:01:14 pm »
I tryed the backup Script but recognized on the console that memory was used completely and OOM killer was doing his job.

[  348.791230] IRayCameraThrea invoked oom-killer: gfp_mask=0x200da, order=0, oom_score_adj=0

Perhaps this should be investigated further before relying on the fact that everything has been secured.

Offline Sercan

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2023, 07:40:08 pm »
I attempted the upload, but my UTi690B device is stuck on the 'Loading...' message during boot, and the loading bar isn't appearing. Do you have any suggestions on how I can resolve this issue?

Offline Veteran68

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2023, 11:26:15 pm »
I attempted the upload, but my UTi690B device is stuck on the 'Loading...' message during boot, and the loading bar isn't appearing. Do you have any suggestions on how I can resolve this issue?

Did you attempt to upgrade a v1.x firmware to v2.x, or vice versa? That will brick the unit, as you found out. Happened to me a few months ago, but I was able to recover it.

Refer to this thread. You'll have to open it up and solder header pins on the LVTTL UART port and use a RS-232 (or USB to RS-232) cable to login and restore the main firmware file, and possibly the UNI-T boot logo if you want it back.

The UTi260B and UTi690B are identical, by the way. The 690B is an exclusive whitelabeled model sold only by Banggood.

Offline Sercan

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2024, 08:04:07 am »

Did you attempt to upgrade a v1.x firmware to v2.x, or vice versa? That will brick the unit, as you found out. Happened to me a few months ago, but I was able to recover it.

Refer to this thread. You'll have to open it up and solder header pins on the LVTTL UART port and use a RS-232 (or USB to RS-232) cable to login and restore the main firmware file, and possibly the UNI-T boot logo if you want it back.

The UTi260B and UTi690B are identical, by the way. The 690B is an exclusive whitelabeled model sold only by Banggood.

Exactly. It looks the same. I attempted to upgrade from version 1.x to 2.x.

I have limited experience with connecting UART.

Which command should I use for a factory reset (or firmware restore)?

Do I need the 1.x firmware, or are the restore commands alone sufficient for recovery?

Offline Veteran68

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2024, 02:38:09 pm »
There isn't any restore command. Yes you need to have a compatible 1.x firmware. You have to put the main firmware file and optionally the .bmp for the loading screen on an SD card, then boot up the camera with the serial cable installed and a terminal program opened. Then you login to the console and copy over the files from the SD mount point to the appropriate directory on the device.

It's all documented in that thread.

The following users thanked this post: Sercan

Offline Sercan

• Contributor
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2024, 02:37:55 pm »
I contacted Banggood, and they mentioned that they are awaiting a response from the manufacturer regarding the appropriate firmware for my device. I believe they are currently on holiday due to the Chinese New Year.

If you have the 1.x.x firmware, would it be possible for you to share it? Alternatively, a friend of mine has version 1.1.23. How can I properly back it up to use it on my own device? My broken firmware version was v1.1.9.

Offline Veteran68

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2024, 04:28:07 pm »
I contacted Banggood, and they mentioned that they are awaiting a response from the manufacturer regarding the appropriate firmware for my device. I believe they are currently on holiday due to the Chinese New Year.

Yeah, they told me the same thing after I told them the v2 they sent bricked my unit. They were contacting Uni-T for a resolution and would get back with me. Nothing since. Uni-T isn't well known for having good support, especially for end users. I'd have thought they'd be more responsive to a partner they're providing custom products for, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

If you have the 1.x.x firmware, would it be possible for you to share it? Alternatively, a friend of mine has version 1.1.23. How can I properly back it up to use it on my own device? My broken firmware version was v1.1.9.

This thread should contain firmware backups that others have saved using this backup script, that's where I got the version I used to restore mine. All you need should be found here on the forums. I'm not currently where I'd have firmware available to me and it's been too long ago for me to remember all the details.

Offline Sercan

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2024, 07:35:39 am »
Banggood did not respond to my firmware request, |O so I downloaded the backup version 1.1.23 shared by Silicium81.

Added v2 that will copy more files from the device.
Thanks

Here is the backup obtained on my UTi-690B with the V2 script: https://mega.nz/file/N4YxQIxQ#JY6--S2Gm1FaFou0Ctls8Q7vL5eupqKURkwlTVVkEIA

New link (more durable, y hope)  ;)

I replaced the calibration file from my backup and placed all the files on an SD card in a folder named FWBackup.

Then, I established a serial connection at a baud rate of 115200 using Putty. With the following user credentials, I accessed the Linux system.

Username: root
Password: uti160e

Then, I successfully recovered the device by running the following commands.

Code: [Select]
cp -r /media/mmcblk0p1/FWBackup/etc/ /etc/
cp -r /media/mmcblk0p1/FWBackup/usr/lib/ /usr/lib/
cp -r /media/mmcblk0p1/FWBackup/ /root/

Thanks folk!

« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 07:40:59 am by Sercan »

Offline Silicium81

• Regular Contributor
    • Technical forum
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2024, 11:00:09 am »
Good !  ;)
Thank you for detailed method !
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 01:31:11 pm by Silicium81 »
Electronic engineer with a passion for mechanics
https://vae-tech.forumactif.org/

The following users thanked this post: Sercan

Offline Kaputen

« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2024, 02:20:23 pm »
Hi, here is my backup for the UTi260B, Version 1.2.2
Hope it helps someone.

https://mega.nz/file/ZXADBJbI#Uo30tTt16ITLV0nU_NN8Haa5xbTNUAUwgebzkQz_7WA

If anyone has other newer versions please upload them as I would like to try them, also compare them to try and see the differences.
Even older versions are welcome.

Kaputen
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 03:40:44 pm by Kaputen »

Offline DFurno

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2024, 08:11:57 pm »
Greetings,

I was searching for a firmware update for my UTi260B since I do not like the way that it saves the photographs with the annoying screen animation. It seems that I cannot find firmware that can disable the animation, so I suppose I will have to live with it unless someone has a method to change the way it works.

In the meantime, I have noticed that my device has firmware 1.2.6 which I have uploaded for your consideration.

https://mega.nz/folder/FC1xkIII#jdqtphIlcEomHfkVyVFm1Q

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf