Products > Thermal Imaging

Uti260b-Uti690b Firmware backup script

<< < (7/8) > >>

Sercan:

--- Quote from: Veteran68 on December 29, 2023, 11:26:15 pm ---
--- Quote from: Sercan on December 29, 2023, 07:40:08 pm ---I attempted the upload, but my UTi690B device is stuck on the 'Loading...' message during boot, and the loading bar isn't appearing. Do you have any suggestions on how I can resolve this issue?

--- End quote ---

Did you attempt to upgrade a v1.x firmware to v2.x, or vice versa? That will brick the unit, as you found out. Happened to me a few months ago, but I was able to recover it.

Refer to this thread. You'll have to open it up and solder header pins on the LVTTL UART port and use a RS-232 (or USB to RS-232) cable to login and restore the main firmware file, and possibly the UNI-T boot logo if you want it back.

The UTi260B and UTi690B are identical, by the way. The 690B is an exclusive whitelabeled model sold only by Banggood.

--- End quote ---

Exactly. It looks the same. I attempted to upgrade from version 1.x to 2.x.

I have limited experience with connecting UART.

Which command should I use for a factory reset (or firmware restore)?

Do I need the 1.x firmware, or are the restore commands alone sufficient for recovery?

Veteran68:
There isn't any restore command. Yes you need to have a compatible 1.x firmware. You have to put the main firmware file and optionally the .bmp for the loading screen on an SD card, then boot up the camera with the serial cable installed and a terminal program opened. Then you login to the console and copy over the files from the SD mount point to the appropriate directory on the device.

It's all documented in that thread.

Sercan:
I contacted Banggood, and they mentioned that they are awaiting a response from the manufacturer regarding the appropriate firmware for my device. I believe they are currently on holiday due to the Chinese New Year.

If you have the 1.x.x firmware, would it be possible for you to share it? Alternatively, a friend of mine has version 1.1.23. How can I properly back it up to use it on my own device? My broken firmware version was v1.1.9.

Veteran68:

--- Quote from: Sercan on January 31, 2024, 02:37:55 pm ---I contacted Banggood, and they mentioned that they are awaiting a response from the manufacturer regarding the appropriate firmware for my device. I believe they are currently on holiday due to the Chinese New Year.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, they told me the same thing after I told them the v2 they sent bricked my unit. They were contacting Uni-T for a resolution and would get back with me. Nothing since. Uni-T isn't well known for having good support, especially for end users. I'd have thought they'd be more responsive to a partner they're providing custom products for, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

--- Quote from: Sercan on January 31, 2024, 02:37:55 pm ---If you have the 1.x.x firmware, would it be possible for you to share it? Alternatively, a friend of mine has version 1.1.23. How can I properly back it up to use it on my own device? My broken firmware version was v1.1.9.

--- End quote ---

This thread should contain firmware backups that others have saved using this backup script, that's where I got the version I used to restore mine. All you need should be found here on the forums. I'm not currently where I'd have firmware available to me and it's been too long ago for me to remember all the details.

Sercan:
Banggood did not respond to my firmware request, |O so I downloaded the backup version 1.1.23 shared by Silicium81.

--- Quote from: Silicium81 on July 18, 2023, 07:38:56 am ---
--- Quote from: ausdim on July 17, 2023, 10:38:42 pm ---Added v2 that will copy more files from the device.
Thanks

--- End quote ---

Here is the backup obtained on my UTi-690B with the V2 script: https://mega.nz/file/N4YxQIxQ#JY6--S2Gm1FaFou0Ctls8Q7vL5eupqKURkwlTVVkEIA

New link (more durable, y hope)  ;)

--- End quote ---

I replaced the calibration file from my backup and placed all the files on an SD card in a folder named FWBackup.

Then, I established a serial connection at a baud rate of 115200 using Putty. With the following user credentials, I accessed the Linux system.

Username: root
Password: uti160e

Then, I successfully recovered the device by running the following commands.

--- Code: ---cp -r /media/mmcblk0p1/FWBackup/etc/ /etc/
cp -r /media/mmcblk0p1/FWBackup/usr/lib/ /usr/lib/
cp -r /media/mmcblk0p1/FWBackup/ /root/
--- End code ---

Thanks folk!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version