Author Topic: Victor 328 Mobile Thermal Camera for Android Phone  (Read 20915 times)

Offline CyberCartelTopic starter

• Contributor
Victor 328 Mobile Thermal Camera for Android Phone
« on: October 13, 2022, 09:09:43 am »
Is the Victor 328B model any good? It's cheap and the hardware looks promising but the software is very basic. No fusion image or PIP. Also currently awesome deal but only for U.K. The b model is only $186! In other countries it's $222!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004779606128.html

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
Re: Victor 328 Mobile Thermal Camera for Android Phone
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022, 09:22:01 am »
It will contain either an Infiray Tiny1-c or Guide Sensmart TIMO256 miniature imaging core. Both are impressive pieces of electronic engineering. These cameras offer excellent value for money.

Fraser
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 09:34:43 am »
Thank you very much for your comment. I'm a beginner and I need it for a little appartment inspection and maybe as a hobby for pcb electronics repair but nothing serious. Do you think I need fusion image and PIP image? Is it a big deal? And also it has a temp range from -15°C to 600°C in one mode but I saw other models have 2 ranges?

For example this Uti 260m has low gain and high gain mode. Is this any good? It has also better software with PIP and fusion image. Is it also a Infiray Tiny1-c or Guide Sensmart TIMO256 miniature imaging core?

Uti 260m https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004589887288.html

Can you get raw temp data from those devices? maybe with a sdk? are there free sdk available? I suppose the images uses some sort of interpolations, heat maps, etc.? 50000 points seems a lot to me with this kind of interpolations?

I'm looking to buy one of them. Thanks!

Offline chemary

• Contributor
    • CheMaRy Web Page
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2022, 08:45:56 am »
The cheaper Victor 328A share the specs of the Victor 328A but only with 160x120 pixels compared to 256x192, will be interesting if anybody owning the module can check which module is inside, maybe both have Tiny1-c (that support 2 video modes that correspond with those resolutions). Having the same module will open the door to enable the higher resolution on the cheaper module.

The following users thanked this post: CyberCartel

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2022, 10:09:19 am »
The Victor 328B is the full 256x192 pixel resolution. It is reasonable to assume that the Tiny1-C is being configured to its lower resolution in the Victor 328A.

https://www.globalmediapro.com/dp/A2MS40/Victor-328B-USB-C-Thermal-Imaging-Camera/

Fraser

Offline Bill W

• Super Contributor
    • Fire TICS
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2022, 11:16:44 am »
Thank you very much for your comment. I'm a beginner and I need it for a little appartment inspection and maybe as a hobby for pcb electronics repair but nothing serious. Do you think I need fusion image and PIP image? Is it a big deal? And also it has a temp range from -15°C to 600°C in one mode but I saw other models have 2 ranges?

I would not be bothered by losing PIP and 'fusion'.  Particularly when working close the fusion is a nuisance not a help.  256x192 is enough thermal pixels the be useable - as long as it can be focussed manually (or you can use an addon lens)

A range to 600°C will need to use two gain modes, likely just not advertised, or could be dual gain imaging.

Offline bostwickenator

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2022, 02:22:24 am »
Value or not I have to say this device's name is just offensively misleading. Almost as bad as the Ford "EcoSport".

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2022, 12:20:19 pm »
Thank you for your comment but sadly I already purchased the uti-260m. However later I understood almost the same device is also sold under same brand but with a different name uti-721m with a very, very competitive price from the EU (netherlands) in this shop: https://eleshop.eu/uni-t-uti721m-thermal-camera-for-android-usb-c.html. I think Aliexpress and similar chinese shops are slowly becoming very expensive and obsolete.

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2022, 01:26:46 pm »
The Uni-Trend model numbering can be very strange. Possibly different model numbers for different markets but I do not know why.
What is the App that Uni-T say to use with the UTI-260M please ?

Fraser

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2022, 01:59:20 pm »
I received this updated app "UTI260M.apk" per e-mail because they don't have the updated app in the Google play store because Google isn't in China anyway.  But I didn't tried it because I'm still waiting for my device to be delivered. The seller only sent the goods after 4(!) days (some weekend days) after I have sent the payment! I'm a bit disappointed about this. It says ETA is 03-04.11.22. I hope I get it sooner!   

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2022, 04:29:09 pm »
Here is another very similar looking rebrand of the Victor 328 thermal viewer: Mileseey TR256i TR160i Mini Thermal Imaging Camera USB Type-C OTG for Android:

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005004743323538.html

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2022, 02:56:23 pm »
I got the device and it works.  Unfortunately there are a few negative things.  Firstly, I had to pay double import tax and carrier fees and unfortunately the app has a few bugs.  The tax will be refunded to me by AliExpress after a period of time.  I'm still nervous.  Unfortunately, the app does not work properly if you use a dark theme, e.g.  to minimize burn-in on OLED screens.  A really bad mistake, however, is that you cannot set the distance to the object in the settings.  The app crashes immediately!  I have described the problem to customer service, but they are no help at all!  Although I received the app (version 2.0.1) by email (the app in the Playstore doesn't work), I was told to download the "latest" app and then they sent me a link to a website but the link or the website or both doesn't work for me! I have tried multiple browsers and even VPN. The browsers returns always an error message ("404"). Maybe censored by Chinese government? When I pointed this out, contact was broken off!  Unfortunately I cannot recommend this company and this product!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 03:01:35 pm by CyberCartel »

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2022, 03:38:26 pm »
Eek! That sounds like a bit of a disaster. Can you return the camera as “not fit for purpose” and claim your taxes back using proof of return to country of origin ?

Sadly the hardware in these dongles is only part of the story and, as you have found out, the APP is a very important element of the whole package. It sounds like the OEM behind Victor did not do a very good job on the software front :(

If you cannot return the camera, maybe we can work out how to use another vendors software with it ?

Fraser

Offline chemary

• Contributor
    • CheMaRy Web Page
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2022, 03:52:14 pm »
You can try the software for Noyafa or Mileseey cameras, they seem exactly the same. I also purchased Victor 328B but I haven't received it yet.

The following users thanked this post: nikitasius

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2022, 04:00:23 pm »
It's not the Victor device. I bought the expensive uti-260m. Yes, it's a bit disappointing but I'm a newbie and I got a partial refund from AliExpress, so I paid a little less, basically like the Victor device. I will keep the device and I hope they can fix the critical bug soon! But it's very disappointing when you can't even access their website! I bought to early because the infini pro 2 device with the macro lens is currently on sale for $270!! Also the fusion image isn't so helpful because they didn't check for post image processing whatsoever and is simply an overlay of the unfilterer camera and thermal camera with different FOV 's, e.g.  the images doesn't match at all!

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2022, 04:07:54 pm »
If you send me the links that they provided by PM I will see if I can obtain the software for you

Fraser

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2022, 04:32:25 pm »
Sent! So I tried the infinray apps from Playstore and they are working? Interesting! Is it the same sensor?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.infisense.p2plus or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iraytek.InfiRayGo

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2022, 05:48:15 pm »
Yes, they both use the Infiray “Tiny1” microbolometer core.

Fraser

Offline chemary

• Contributor
    • CheMaRy Web Page
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2022, 12:45:52 pm »
I got the device and it works.  Unfortunately there are a few negative things.  Firstly, I had to pay double import tax and carrier fees and unfortunately the app has a few bugs.  The tax will be refunded to me by AliExpress after a period of time.  ...

Hello CyberCartel, I'm interested in the part that you say that Aliexpress will refund you the tax as I'm also from Europe (Spain) and we have to pay the VAT (21% of the price+shipping cost), carrier fees and in some types of products import duties. Which one of this ones will refund you? Who you asked for the refund to the shop or directly to Aliexpress? What you mean when you say that you double payed it? in my case just before paying, the VAT was subtracted from the price so I think that is legit that I will pay it to customs on arrival.

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2022, 07:33:52 pm »
in my case just before paying, the VAT was subtracted from the price so I think that is legit that I will pay it to customs on arriva

Yes, I think you are right, you can also download the invoice and verify it. However in my case the VAT wasn't substracted when I checked out and also I verified it with the downloaded invoice (in AliExpress you can download the AliExpress invoice in the order details view).  But when it arrived in my country the carrier UPS wanted again the VAT plus a hefty carrier fee! Initially I wanted to refuse the package but I also consulted AliExpress customer service multiple times and the   agent told me about the double VAT refund policy in AliExpress and suggested to me to pay the VAT and confirm the receipt and apply for the double tax refund 15 days after the confirmed receipt! I was very hesitant but I did nevertheless and I paid the €68 VAT got my package and confirmed it. After 15 days I applied for the double VAT refund and sadly it's a nightmare! After I sent all proofs they told my I'm not eligible, I'm rejected! I was in shock! I immediately consulted the customer support and they told my a document was missing, specifically the AliExpress invoice. I sent it to them and also to the VAT department and also the customer support kindly created or reopened my case with the missing document for me but a few days later I received an email telling my application is incomplete! I started to panic and consulted customer service again and spent hours in the chat to explain them case and they also told me they don't understand the emails and that I'm clearly eligible for the double tax refund. Thus they kindly reopened the case and told me to wait. That's was before yesterday! I hope they didn't lied to me in the chat to get rid of me and that I win this application! I have done nothing wrong I should had refused this bullshit package and UPS also wanted €15 carrier fee! IMO it's some sort of shipping error or the seller is  a scammer and want to pocket the VAT and it seems AliExpress isn't so interested in double tax! I feel very bad treated if I don't win this! The customer support make it looks like a walk in the park but it's absolutely not ! Horrible experience if you ask me! If you have any questions please ask!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 08:07:16 pm by CyberCartel »

Offline chemary

• Contributor
    • CheMaRy Web Page
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2022, 08:05:24 pm »
UPS and Fedex applied this management tax also to me on the past and I never choose them as shipping method again, choosing the Aliexpress shipping usually you get lower chances to get charged by customs.
I understand you, I had to cope will Aliexpress customer support in the past and the experience was similar, is very hard to contact them and when you get in chat with an agent you don't really know if it's a person or a bot as most of the answers are long and unnatural and if you speak with a different agent you get the same sentences.
I suggest to keep trying, the last issue I had I got the money back from an undelivered product that the tracking said that was delivered, I contacted 4 times each of them saying that the issue was fixed and I will receive a confirmation email, seeing that I didn't got the email I contacted them again after 1 week, and this repeated for 4 weeks until some agent really fixed it and I got the email with the refund while still on the chat, so if they say that you will receive an email and you don't receive at that moment probably you won't receive it.
I have also read in some forum that if you have an invoice from Aliexpress that says the VAT was applied on origin you can ask the tax entity of you country to return the double payment, but probably dealing with the administration will be even harder than dealing with Aliexpress.

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2022, 08:15:59 pm »
It does not help but for future reference…. If you have paid VAT and Duty at time of purchase NEVER pay the courier for VAT, Duty and documentation. Sadly sometimes the sender does not make it clear to the courier that VAT and Duty have been pre-paid. This happened to me recently. What you do is send a copy of the sales receipt to the courier. This should show that VAT was collected and they will cancel the charge against your account. Be warned though, I was lucky with my case as it was noted on the shipping documents supplied by the seller that I had paid VAT. At first the Courier claimed it was not clear enough on the paperwork so the additional charge was not their fault and as it had already been paid by them, I would still have to pay. On highlighting the clear statement on the paperwork that VAT was pre-paid, they admitted the mistake and credited the outstanding amount to my account to cancel the charge.

It is hard enough dealing with VAT with a courier, let alone recovering it from a foreign company who submits payments through some complex seller payment system. To be avoided at all costs.

Hope it gets sorted for you  :-+

Fraser
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 08:18:41 pm by Fraser »

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2022, 08:22:38 pm »
I have also read in some forum that if you have an invoice from Aliexpress that says the VAT was applied on origin you can ask the tax entity of you country to return the double payment, but probably dealing with the administration will be even harder than dealing with Aliexpress.

Hehe, probably  ;D. However I didn't choose the carrier, it was the seller but it was also noted on the seller's page. I didn't know about this double tax but, yeah, previously I had also bad experience with UPS, they are really to avoid at all costs! Also the customer support was nice but still take long to explain to them each time from scratch although I showed them my previous case id's. It's highly recommend to ask for the case id to document your case! But the TAX/VAT department is a nightmare. They don't explain there decisions whatsoever! But it's also my first experience with them! But paying upfront is always a bad idea! IMO they have this double tax refund program for a reason!? It's been 2 days now, I really hope I win this case. It's not really cheap either!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 08:40:32 pm by CyberCartel »

• Contributor
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2022, 08:28:33 pm »
It does not help but for future reference…. If you have paid VAT and Duty at time of purchase NEVER pay the courier for VAT, Duty and documentation.....

Okay, sure, thanks for information. Interesting, however I didn't know I could download the invoice from AliExpress and when I consulted the AliExpress customer service they didn't told me about this possibility!? Or maybe I didn't understand them. I have the lesson learned the hard way, I guess😥. I still hope I win this case! Thanks!

« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 08:39:28 pm by CyberCartel »

Offline blargg

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2023, 05:22:25 am »
I was trying this Victor 328 apk on my Android 8 and 11 phones but it never even asks for the OTG/USB access like other USB camera apps do. I wanted to see how it worked with the InfiRay P2 Pro but couldn't even get to that step. I tried the NOYAFA APK but it had the same UI and same lack of even asking for OTG permission as others do when you open them.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf