Products > Thermal Imaging

What Macro Lens for the GuideIR PC210

(1/3) > >>

jweaver:
I currently have the a Flir ONE Gen2 (120x160) for Android which I absolutely love, except for the fact that its so annoying to use, I rarely do so.. It recently got worse when I upgraded my phone to a model that has USB-C and now I have to use an adaptor, and the Flir One now so fiddly to use..

So I have always wanted a dedicated Thermal Camera but could never justify the price.. But recently discovered the Uni-T range and after being seduced by the lower end models, decided to pay a bit more and go for the 260B (690B at Banggood).. I was about to order one and then found the review of the GuideIR PC210 and decided to take a punt on that (The quick startup time was the main reason I went for it).

So I am now getting ready for its arrival and wanted to build myself a Macro lens.. I have downloaded the holder (thanks to BmaxTom for that one) and now I need the lenses.

I see that most people use the 50.8mm FL version, so thats what I ordered.. But since there is a holder for the 101.6 lens too, I wonder if its worth making one of these as it only costs £13 for the lens.

And after all that preamble.. Here is my quesiton

What is the difference between the 50.8 and 101.6? Can the 101.6 go closer? Or will it focus further way... Is there much benefit in having both? Or does the 50.8 work pretty well for close up work?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer..

Cheers

Jon

Bill W:
The 50 gives more magnification than the 100.
Focus is OK either way - you just move it in and out subject to any constraints in the holder design.

Exactly the smae as a normal visual magnifying lens - if you can stop your eyes focussing too

Bill

jweaver:
Cheers.. So I got it the wrong way around.

So I think the best thing is that if I go with the 50.8, and find that its too magnified, where as the standard lens too wide.. I could go with a 101.6 later to get something in the middle.

Cheers

Jon

BmaxTom:
I just quickly took two pictures with a 50.8mm and a 101.6mm lens.

Board dimensions 17.8mm x 35.6mm (Teensy 4.0).

jweaver:
Interesting.. Thanks for the photos.. it would have been nice to see how it looked via the default lens... But the 50.8mm is certainly a useful upgrade.. And once I have had chance to compare it to the default lens, I might get myself a 101.6 too.

Thanks again for your help

Jon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version