Products > Thermal Imaging

Why my Scott Eagle 320 use Raytheon 4500AS core?

(1/5) > >>

Logan:
So I just got an Scott Eagle 320 and tear it down on the first day.
To my surprise the core isn't BAE SIM 500H.(As in Fraser's list: here) It's Raytheon thermal-eye 4500AS instead...
Why? Is this the correct configuration? I'm a bit disappointed because even my Eagle 160 (BAE 500L) has a higher sensitivity.  :palm:
Also, I cannot find spec sheet nor manual for 4500AS core, could anyone help?

RO:
I recently discovered the same as you:

Scott EI 320 | Eagle Imager 320 has the Raytheon 4500AS core

Model:

Easily disassembled:

I believe confusion is a result of lot's of "eagle"named camera's

* Eagle Imager II (the huge plastic cube with the non moving handle)

* Eagle X

* Eagle Attack

And that's just a few that are easy to find.

Logan:

--- Quote from: RO on May 22, 2022, 10:37:34 am ---
--- End quote ---
Thank you! What's the model in your tear down? The red case and 4 buttons seems not common...

RO:
The red color seems to be a bit uncommon; the model is the Eagle 320, at least that's written on the sticker at the battery compartment.
[ Specified attachment is not available ]

But i don't really know why it has 4 buttons, perhaps firefighter camera expert Bill W can tell us more?
the buttons are labeled

* mode
* scroll
* enter
* power
I found the manual for (your) eagle 320 in a eevblog posts from Fraser, i'll attach it to this post.
(https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/got-a-scott-eagle-160-having-some-questions/msg3702460/#msg3702460)

Fraser:
The red unit may be the Eagle 320 with Tracker capability for finding downed fire fighters. The tracker uses 2.4GHz radio location technology.

https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/3334505/eagle-imager-320-with-pak-tracker-brochure-english-scott-safety

No idea why there is a Raytheon 4500AS core in the Eagle 320 and not a BAE SIM500 unit as I wrote my comments on the cores a long time ago. It was not uncommon for a thermal camera manufacturer to use different thermal imaging cores in a camera model over its product life due to parts availability, technology improvement or other issues effecting which core was used in a particular camera.

Fraser

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version