Author Topic: Apple 1 is for sale on eBay, i am shy to tell you the price  (Read 4907 times)

Offline BudTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Apple 1 is for sale on eBay, i am shy to tell you the price
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2020, 01:59:35 am »
Most of course didn't survive but certainly Apple rode it to  end up being a giant force these days. However I think their cellphones are what made them the force they are today,

There was a video from early-2000 I believe I watched recently in which Jobs seemed to have no clue about cell phones. In the video he was promoting iPod stuff and a the Apple home router. And a guy from the audience came to the microphone and said like "I want all that stuff in my cell phone", to which Jobs kind of said "cell phone companies make good cell phones, buy yourself one". The guy said kinda "yes but I am letting you know again I want all that music and everything in my cell phone". Jobs looked rejective and clueless. I wonder if that was the the guy Jobs picked up the idea from of the cell phone that has everything in it.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline newbrain

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2020, 02:27:18 pm »
I'm suspicious of the IEC 60320 connector. In the 70's a line cord and (chassis mount) NEMA 5 was all you'd see, which is above it.
Dangerous if the incoming mains is on the IEC, as the prongs would be live. Doesn't make sense, total sacrilege for the asking price.

Anyway this one looks safe enough to me, the power is provided by the IEC socket with pins, the socket above it with holes provides power to the display.

I don't understand all the fuss about the display power connector.
If you are in doubt, just send the whole thing to the 8 bit guy!
Nandemo wa shiranai wa yo, shitteru koto dake.

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, Rasz, Cyberdragon, pizzigri

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2020, 09:59:02 pm »
You want to pay USD$1.5M for a fake?
This listing is ~7 months now, 128 bids rejected. Come on Apple fanboys, buy it
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 10:01:20 pm by floobydust »

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2021, 06:56:46 pm »
I see the eBay auction is still up, almost 1-1/2years asking same $1.5M.  A different Apple-1 just went for $400K at auction.

Offline granzeier

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2021, 08:15:13 pm »
Well, at least he's offering almost free shipping - $1.00 for expedited shipping?  :-//

It really irks me to see people who are this psychotically greedy.

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2021, 08:32:43 pm »
Who sells anything of this price on eBay? Cheap and greedy. No insurance, but you pay travel expenses:
"...CC and I are available to deliver this unit at his usual fee and travel expense, and myself at travel expense should the buyer request this. Corey’s original verification videos and pictures are available on request.  This item will not be shipped by the owner as it is too valuable to risk any damage, loss or fraud."

eBay posting is showing "Shipping: $258.53 UPS Worldwide Saver" so you must live next door lol

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2021, 09:28:38 pm »
Yeah, selling stuff like that on eBay is dead stupid.
But I'm pretty sure - assuming the item actually exists, because, uh you know... - that the seller has put it on dozens of different web sites.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf