Author Topic: Corsham SWTPC 6809 + floppy interface + Flex  (Read 3497 times)

Offline WawavounTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Someday I'll get you, Red Baron !
Corsham SWTPC 6809 + floppy interface + Flex
« on: October 21, 2021, 02:28:09 pm »
Hello,

I have Corsham Tech 6809 SWPTC clone with motherboard, 6809 cpu board, MP-S serial board and // board + SD Arduino floppy emulator.
Everythings works well.

Now I try to get a real floppy system attached to this computer so I will rebuild a Peripheral Tech FD-2 interface (doc and good pictures available, easy).
I have a 5 1/4 360 ko drive and a 3 1/2 1.44 mo I can attach to this system. I also can connect a Gotek with flashfloppy.
In this case no need of the // interface and of the SD card system.

According to Corsham Tech documentation the serial board should be in slot 1. But the PT FD-2 doc say also that this interface should be attached to slot 1.
I imagine this depend of the monitor...

My question are :
- can I use the PT FD-2 with the Corsham system ? For sure yes, the questions are more what adjustment to do ?
- should I modify the Corsham monitor to do that ? what are roughly the modifications to do ?
- can I use the original SWPTC Monitor SBUG18 instead of Corsham monitor ? With modification or not ? What are the modifications ?
- what Flex image should I use to boot this system (found more than one on the internet but I dont know what to choose) ?

Thanks for help and opinions about that.

Regards.
Philippe

Offline granzeier

• Regular Contributor
Re: Corsham SWTPC 6809 + floppy interface + Flex
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 11:58:52 am »
Hello,

I have Corsham Tech 6809 SWPTC clone with motherboard, 6809 cpu board, MP-S serial board and // board + SD Arduino floppy emulator.
Everythings works well.

Philippe
Philippe,

I also have a couple SWTPC computers, but have never heard of those boards for using the Arduino as a floppy emulator. Could you elaborate, please?

Offline WawavounTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Someday I'll get you, Red Baron !
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 12:18:55 pm »
Hi,

have a look here : https://www.corshamtech.com/product/sd-card-system/
Its well done and works perfectly !

But you need a modified monitor on the cpu board...

On my side its just that I really like floppies, sound of floppies, slowness of floppies etc... No no I do not live in the past !!!

Offline Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 12:40:50 pm »
I miss my 6809-based SWTPC computer I had back in the mid 80's when I started University.
I do not miss the floppy drives!  They were so unreliable, especially the 8" drives.  I never worked out why, and I didn't have the experience or parts back then to troubleshoot.

Offline granzeier

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 02:44:23 pm »
Philippe,
Thanks for the link, I had been to Corsham's site before, but had not noticed this.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf