Products > Vintage Computing

Elektor EC-6809

(1/4) > >>

Wawavoun:
Hello there !

I try to run again Flex09 and of course first of all I must build a computer 6809 based for that.

My first choice is the Elektor system named EC-68 or sometime EC-6809 published in "Elektor Computing 3" in 1985 and in french in october 1986 number.

I need two things :

- on side of the ext pcb (video + floppy interface) was not given. If anybody has a good picture ? But nevertheless this can be solved because in put the pcb again in Kicad so... Routing will be different but if there is no other choice !

- More important : this system require two 2716 and one 2732 eproms (Elektor ref ESS540, 541 and 542). This is boot prom, assist09 and character generator. The fist one is really a problem. Assist09 is on the internet so... and the character generator eprom is probably the same that the one in the Junior Computer VDU board which I have.

Many thanks to anybody which will give any information about that.

If there is somewhere another design able to do the same (run Flex09 from real floppy) I will also be interested !

Regards.
Philippe

Wawavoun:
Hello,

Some news from this project :

The two boards are manufactured and tested.
The CPU board is working with a modified Assist09 monitor.
The interface board video part is working with a modified character generator coming from the Junior Computer. The floppy interface part have not been tested yet.

I renew my call for any information about the ESS-540 and ESS-541 eprom (dump, listing, asm source..., whatever you have).
If anybody have this system or can help in this topic please take contact !

Regards.
Philippe

granzeier:
Those boards look well done. It looks like it will be a nice system.

You say that you are missing the boot EPROM, but the pictures show that your system is running. What are you using to boot? Are you just using a generic boot, or are you getting the system up some other way?

Wawavoun:
Re,

Yes thats need some clarifications.

The eprom which really do the boot is called "monitor rom" by Elektor in the article (ref ESS-540).
At this place I have a modified assit09 monitor, so my system boot.

What they call "boot rom" ESS-541 is a collection of subroutines doing various jobs related to the // keyboard, the floppy interface and the video.

This name probably come because one these subroutine boot Flex from the floppy.
This eprom is the one that really miss to get a full working system...

Regards.
Philippe

granzeier:
I see, thanks.

I have several Elektor/Elector (USA, UK, India) and have been looking to see if I can find any more info about this, but nothing yet. I'll keep looking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version