Products > Vintage Computing

See Y'all!

<< < (8/9) > >>

Stuartambient:
I joined this forum in mid June of this year.  I started 14 threads, in the short time, which were all questions. Not in any of those did I get a rude or snarky answer.  I've also watched (and watching) a few threads here and haven't seen any rude responses.  Also read the OP's original thread and didn't notice anything of a particular rude nature in the responses.  This whole bruhaha is nothing and warrants a 'SMH'.

bitslice:

--- Quote from: wilfred on August 29, 2016, 11:47:19 am ---Don't make it look like those are my words. I was just quoting the sticky in the Beginners section.

--- End quote ---

yes it could be seen like that, apologies, have edited my post

Brumby:
I will forgive anyone for not knowing a basic piece of information that I've know since I was 10.  I would hope that other members here would offer me the same courtesy.

However, I will not easily suffer anyone who presents themselves as 'entitled' or expect to be patted on the head for being a smart-arse ... or like those wannabes on those talent show auditions who spit the dummy when they are told they can't sing, despite what Aunty Flo has been saying since they were in nappies.

--- Quote from: bitslice on August 29, 2016, 11:33:37 am ---... because I'm a special snowflake?

--- End quote ---
Yes.  Like that.

Lack of knowledge can be forgiven.  A childish attitude is quite something else.

tec5c:
Perhaps I am being ignorant here, though I don't even see the "attack" on the OP (I am referring to his original thread, not this one) that made him declare that everyone here is rude... If it is clear to others then I must be a part of the problem!   :popcorn:

3db:

--- Quote from: wilfred on August 29, 2016, 11:58:02 am ---
--- Quote from: bitslice on August 29, 2016, 11:33:37 am --- on a forum where people being paid 6 figure sums are bothering to answer.

--- End quote ---
The OP may have been unaware of this vital fact.

--- End quote ---
If it's a beginner then they should be treated with kid gloves IMHO.
There's is nothing forcing anyone here to respond to any posting regardless of their experience or knowledge.
I didn't read the original post nor can I be bothered doing so.
Just my tuppence worth to the thread.   :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version