Author Topic: See Y'all!  (Read 16463 times)

Offline KentuckyOutbackTopic starter

• !
See Y'all!
« on: August 28, 2016, 04:16:22 am »
Well, I've been on some rude forums, but this one takes the cake!
1 post, and I'm thoroughly thrown under the bus, and run over several times...
So, post #2 is to say I will NEVER use this forum again!
I could understand some making fun of me for posting in the wrong section.
BUT... When I post a relative question on the BEGINNER section, I expected to at least be welcomed, before being made fun of.
No more posts! And as for the EEVblog on YouTube, I'll be un-following it as well.
All I wanted was a little help, not be made to look like a fool...

The following users thanked this post: Srbel

Offline PotatoBox

• Regular Contributor
Re: See Y'all!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 04:31:45 am »
Thrown under the bus? What are you talking about? The only thread you posted, the members of this site genuinely tried to help you.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 06:25:05 am »
No more posts! And as for the EEVblog on YouTube, I'll be un-following it as well.
typical behaviour. the "followers" make mistake, the "master" (or the religion) got blamed. are you going to leave ee as well and find another career just because ee is filled with some bunch of fools? or maybe the fool is the "at the another side"?
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline eKretz

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 07:48:14 am »
How's that go again? "Don't let the door hit ya' where the good Lord split ya'!"  :)

The following users thanked this post: Kilrah

Offline janoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 09:46:10 am »
Another kid with an overblown ego and sense of self-entitlement? Good riddance, IMO ...

The following users thanked this post: amyk, Kilrah

Offline Delta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 10:11:26 am »
Well I for one hope that you will reconsider, and do us the hounour of staying.  Your contributions will be sorely missed, Sir.  You are a true intellectual heavyweight, an elder statesman of electronics, a gentleman and a scholar.

You must stay and fight on, there are many shills on here, paid for by Big-Printer-Cartridge-Resetter (they will do anything to protect the evil multi-billion dollar industry your brave and highly adept investigatory videos strive to debunk) - you must continue your brave work, and for that, I salute you.  :-+
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 01:39:38 pm by Delta »

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 11:05:53 am »
Butthurt, aisle 5.  :palm: 
An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: Electro Detective

Offline Refrigerator

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 01:06:26 pm »
and this is how SJWs are born  :popcorn:
I have a blog at http://brimmingideas.blogspot.com/ . Now less empty than ever before !
An expert of making MOSFETs explode.

Offline Aodhan145

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 01:08:31 pm »
I completely get where you are coming from. I hate half of the responses on these forums but they are one of the most valuable resources for solving problems. I would stick through it and ignore any responses you don't like.

The following users thanked this post: nowlan, Cliff Matthews, tooki, mixiom, techie1234

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 01:57:50 pm »
This place rude?

Harden up.

If you present something that's been poorly researched and found to be wrong - you're going to be told.  Some may be more blunt than others - even critical - but no different than reactions you would get from people face-to-face.

If you want to spit the dummy, then you are free to do so - but it speaks volumes on your attitude ... and not favourably.

However, if you want to regather your thoughts and deal with this in a more mature way, you are welcome to try.

The following users thanked this post: amyk, Kilrah

Offline Alex Eisenhut

• Super Contributor
  • Place text here.
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 02:07:24 pm »
You'll need thicker skin if you plan on using the internet, buttercup.
Hoarder of 8-bit Commodore relics and 1960s Tektronix 500-series stuff. Unconventional interior decorator.

The following users thanked this post: Cliff Matthews, Delta, Kilrah, ZeTeX, KD4PBS

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 02:30:05 pm »
You ask to identify an IC, I pretty much find an exact match, and yet apparently you've already made up your mind about what it is.  What did you expect? :wtf:  :-- :palm:

The following users thanked this post: Ian.M, Kilrah

Offline German_EE

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2016, 04:46:58 pm »
As said by Alex, a reasonably thick skin is required when using an online forum.
Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.

Warren Buffett

Offline Kilrah

• Supporter
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2016, 05:02:31 pm »
Butthurt, aisle 5.  :palm: 
Woot, added to my collection, thanks! The one I had was much smaller :P

Offline Alex Eisenhut

• Super Contributor
  • Place text here.
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2016, 05:15:41 pm »
Now I'm upset I didn't watch the video, anyone got a link?
Hoarder of 8-bit Commodore relics and 1960s Tektronix 500-series stuff. Unconventional interior decorator.

Offline PartialDischarge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2016, 05:38:21 pm »
Now I'm upset I didn't watch the video, anyone got a link?

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2016, 09:58:12 pm »
Well, I've been on some rude forums, but this one takes the cake!
1 post, and I'm thoroughly thrown under the bus, and run over several times...
So, post #2 is to say I will NEVER use this forum again!
I could understand some making fun of me for posting in the wrong section.
BUT... When I post a relative question on the BEGINNER section, I expected to at least be welcomed, before being made fun of.
All I wanted was a little help, not be made to look like a fool...

I'm sorry if your one and only post on these forums, and a single reply to it, were enough for you to leave this forum and unsubscribe to Dave's youtube channel, permanently.

I presume you like the following picture, since you posted it elsewhere, I believe.

The following users thanked this post: Kilrah, Electro Detective

Offline bitslice

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2016, 10:17:21 pm »
Well I did watch your video and I did have a look around at what I thought it might be, but honestly I wasn't sure other than it was obviously a microcontroller.
But your comment that it was possibly a random number generator put me off replying, because whatever I said next wasn't really going to help you, given your current level of knowledge.

Besides, trying to help new people on this forum has taught me that some people are a bit mental, they take it the wrong way and then you get shit on. FML, not playing any more.

On the plus side, you did get an answer to your question :-+
internet cookies go to AmyK
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 10:21:21 pm by bitslice »

The following users thanked this post: Ian.M, Kilrah

Offline imidis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2016, 10:53:35 pm »
In text communication it is always handy to cut slack, text does not convey tone, so it's quite easy to take something with good intentions and interpret it as some sort of attack. Granted there may be some, but generally I do believe people like to be helpful. There is a wealth of knowledgeable and helpful folks around.
Gone for good

Offline Alex Eisenhut

• Super Contributor
  • Place text here.
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2016, 10:58:49 pm »
Yikes, the music.  :'(

Offline tec5c

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2016, 11:57:54 pm »
"For the rest of you who want to take a jab at me, it doesn't matter, knock yourselves out!  :box:" - KentuckyOutback 28/08/2016 @ 06:42:51 AM

:-//
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 11:59:41 pm by tec5c »

The following users thanked this post: Kilrah, KD4PBS

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2016, 12:15:21 am »
Now that I've had a chance to see the original video I am curious about the general issue of chips like the EF52AXW shown that apparently have no datasheet. It isn't the first I've seen obviously and it pops up as an issue in similar posts here from time to time.

Are these produced only for some industrial market or only with Chinese language datasheets? If so why not just have Chinese printing on the chip.

With specific regard to the video (which I just skimmed) it seemed that the chip was a much larger package than necessary since only a handful of pins seemed to be used. I'm going to assume the device actually works and did more than just blink the LED.

I suspect that it is done partly/fully on purpose, to minimize the risk, of other suppliers, copying the device (reading its software), and selling it themselves.

E.g. If you use Microchips, PIC MCU, programming service. You can request that they put your own, custom label on it. I'm NOT sure, if they still include the usual PIC chip markings, in that case. But even if they do, other manufacturers may allow that information to be missed off, on purpose.

I don't think it is reasonable to go on a forum. Making your first ever post, getting a reply. Then solely on the basis of that reply, claiming that the entire forum, with what, 100, 1,000 or 10,000 or ?, other users, is completely terrible, therefore they are immediately leaving it.

That does not sound reasonable at all.

EDIT:
I can't even see much/anything rude or bad, about the post, he seems to be complaining about, either.
On a technical forum, such as this. It is quite normal for us to disagree about technical matters. It should be fine to have different opinions, and then discuss them further.
Whereas the OP, seems to be throwing his toys out of the pram, and making a scene, for no good reason at all.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 12:24:35 am by MK14 »

Offline Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2016, 12:33:12 am »
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.  :horse:

The following users thanked this post: ludzinc

Online tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2016, 01:07:52 am »
You'll need thicker skin if you plan on using the internet, buttercup.
Not defending the idiot OP, but this forum does have a ruder overall attitude than many other forums I've used. It's not the worst (by far), but for sure "friendly" is not the first adjective that comes to mind. Helpful, yes; warm and cuddly, no.of

(Disclaimer: years ago, I helped run a computer forum with 60K registered users. We kept it friendlier than here.)

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2016, 01:27:39 am »
Now that I've had a chance to see the original video I am curious about the general issue of chips like the EF52AXW shown that apparently have no datasheet. It isn't the first I've seen obviously and it pops up as an issue in similar posts here from time to time.

Are these produced only for some industrial market or only with Chinese language datasheets? If so why not just have Chinese printing on the chip.

With specific regard to the video (which I just skimmed) it seemed that the chip was a much larger package than necessary since only a handful of pins seemed to be used. I'm going to assume the device actually works and did more than just blink the LED.
This one was just not marked with the full part number (MN101EF52AXW) presumably because of space limitations. Then again, Hitachi, Matsushita/Panasonic, NEC, Renesas and the other Japanese MCU manufacturers are not known for having great part marking documentation (in English at least.)

Datasheet is here: http://www.semicon.panasonic.co.jp/ds4/MN101E51__E.pdf

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf