Author Topic: Small-C for 6809?  (Read 733 times)

Offline DiTBhoTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Small-C for 6809?
« on: November 07, 2023, 01:59:21 pm »
I purchased a CD some time ago that contains the sources of the very first versions of Small-C reviewed by Dr Dobbs Journal.

I saw support for machine-layer { 8080, z80, ... }, strangely in a couple of readmes, among the various "todo", 6809 is also mentioned, but... I don't find any source.

It was BBS-era, I know, but I wonder: did the 6809 layer machine for Small-C ever exist? If so, does anyone have a copy?  :-//

The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow

Offline 50ShadesOfDirt

• Regular Contributor
Re: Small-C for 6809?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 03:18:21 pm »
Not quite sure what you're asking for ... found references to Small-C (and a 6809 emulator) at:

http://www.evenson-consulting.com/swtpc/Downloads.htm

Small-C compiler and source, by Ron Cain is on the page above ... perhaps targeted at Evenson's 6809 emulator?

Hope this helps ...

The following users thanked this post: DiTBho

Offline guenthert

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Small-C for 6809?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2023, 11:15:32 am »
Uh, not sure about more recent versions, but Small-C for Z80 in the mid-eighties didn't conform to any standard and created (slowly) poor code.  There are patched versions of gcc around which support the 6809 -- I'd rather try those (with the caveat, that a register starved 8bitter won't make an ideal target for C), if you don't mind cross-compiling.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf