General > Work Wanted

Looking for an durable Plastic sheet to replace a current one in a Display

(1/2) > >>

Lord of nothing:
Hi
I try to restore an good "old" Tablet "Pc" from some Years ago and thankfully the Top sheet who sit a view mm above the LCD is made just out of an 2mm (I guess) Plastic Sheet with cuted corners. Long story short I dont think that I will find an "original" Replacement so I looking for a Company who produce Plastic Sheets who are coated with some scratch resistant stuff.
Thanks!

ebastler:
Have you tried Google?  ::)

Plexiglas (acrylic) seems to be your option if you need 2 mm thickness. Available e.g. here, cut to size and with rounded corners if required: https://www.plattenzuschnitt24.de/PLEXIGLAS-kratzfest-Optical-HC-2mm.html

Next time you have a similar question, please post it under "Projects, designs and technical stuff". It really has nothing to do with contract work. Also, please do at least a minimum of homework before asking for help -- measure the thickness instead of "guessing" it, and do your own search.

jpanhalt:
Polycarbonate plastic is another option.  It's a bit more scratch resistant than acrylic.  One brand name is Lexan.

This is just one source and has metric sizes: https://www.tapplastics.com/product/plastics/cut_to_size_plastic/polycarbonate_sheets/516

ebastler:

--- Quote from: jpanhalt on May 19, 2023, 09:08:51 am ---Polycarbonate plastic is another option.  It's a bit more scratch resistant than acrylic.  One brand name is Lexan.
This is just one source and has metric sizes: https://www.tapplastics.com/product/plastics/cut_to_size_plastic/polycarbonate_sheets/516

--- End quote ---

That polycarbonate does not have a scratch-resistant coating -- although, as you said, it is tougher than bare acrylic to start with. I assume the coated acrylic is still ahead in terms of scratch-resistance. Hard-coated polycarbonate is also available, but I could not find any in thicknesses below 3mm.

Not sure how critical scratch resistance actually is in the OP's application. With a 2 mm faceplate, which itself sits a few mm above the LCD (as described in the OP), are we even talking about a touch display here?

Lord of nothing:
Hey
Sorry to say Yes I check other Companys and I will send multiple request to them. It its sadly not that simple since the corner are special shaped to avoid to be wrong placed.
The major "problem" is I dont know if a random Acrylic sheet is produce different from the one who is intend to cover the Display. There could be maybe some artefact from pollishing or what ever. When I order some I will order more than 1 since its very easy to replace them. Just carefully remove the Double sided glue thants it.

--- Quote ---are we even talking about a touch display here?
--- End quote ---
Nope its 100% passive. I have to use the Pen for touch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version