General > Work Wanted

Need to realocate & job searching, need help.

(1/2) > >>

smaultre:
Hello my Friends!
Because of the situation here in Russia, I can no longer live here. Most people are zombified :palm:, the other are threatened with imprisonment for 10..15 years.
I have a small business here (on eBay), buying/selling refurbishment and calibration of measuring equipment for Worldwide home DIY-ers.
Fluke, Tektronix, Lecroy, Keithley, R&S, IFR(Aeroflex), Omega, Bruel&Kjaer, G.R.A.S, Flir, GWInstek  e.t.c... mid grade equip (most 0,5-8K$)
With 5-6К$/mounth income.
And I can increase my income by x10...30. From anywhere in Europe or USA/Canada.
I can swich there to the upper-grade and pro-grade equipments.
Ready to join the projects to restore, repair or service of the equipment on the customer side.
I have a bachelor's degree in telecommunications and informatics.
Ready to discuss any REAL suggestions.

ZhuraYuk:

--- Quote from: smaultre on April 14, 2022, 06:22:07 pm ---I have a small business here, buying/selling refurbishment and calibration of measuring equipment for home DIY-ers.

--- End quote ---
Zapadpribor Russian office? I see they removed Russian and Belarusian contacts from their site.

smaultre:

--- Quote from: shodan@micron on April 15, 2022, 09:50:56 pm ---You are sure?

--- Quote from: smaultre on April 14, 2022, 06:22:07 pm ---I have a small business here, buying/selling refurbishment and calibration of measuring equipment for home DIY-ers.
--- End quote ---
That is joke? :o

1. Our "home DIY-ers" who use modern equipment it is 0.01% of total, they do buy, refurbishment and calibration by himself. Its a very small and limited caste, we all know each other.
2. Most our "home DIY-ers"(99.99% total) preferred use a ultra-low-cost meters and equipment, preferred made in china(aliexpress) or very old USSR toys.
I'm think, if you business work with group 2, then into "Anywhere in Europe or USA/Canada" these business skills will not bring profit.

With 5-6К$/mounth income.

--- End quote ---
Dear EEVblog users be very careful, these words is make me nervous, because most our "for home DIY-ers" sellers is scammers, who try to sell "trash" equipment as overpriced "new old-stock" without any refund or warranty's. Therefore our DIY-ers don't like these sellers. I have lost several thousand dollars on deals with  Russian "for home DIY-ers" sellers.

I really-really hope smaultre not one of theirs, but not sure.
Hope to see picture of smaultre calibration equipment and stock.... :popcorn:

--- Quote from: smaultre on April 14, 2022, 06:22:07 pm ---Most people are zombified :palm:, the other are threatened with imprisonment for 10..15 years.
--- End quote ---
Yup, situation is very difficult, and i'm understand your desire to leave the country. Choice between "leave" and "stay" is hard for any people.
But yours words hurt me. I don't see zombies around me, and no one of my friend jailed.
Just stop watch Russian/EU/USA TV's!!! everybody lies!!!! :--
Better see Dave videos!  :-+

--- End quote ---
Ознакомься:
Поведение обиженки какой-то, я тебя не знаю, не знал, и знать не хочу, но что такого я тебе сделал?
Что ты так насрал в комментах? Фу... таким быть..

Maybe someone from ex USSR can consult or help to find the way?

jonpaul:
smaultre, desole pour votre situation....

Beware that immigration from Russia to West (EU/UK/USA) may be very restricted due to War situation!

1/ EEVblog forum posts  should not raise political issues, especially with a war raging. Already another member in Russia is upset....The forum moderators can comment further....

2/ Repair and cal of equipment is a crowded but very small specialty. Commercial customers require a certified lab with tracible CAL to a national standards eg NIST in USA.

4/ Most EEVblog members will be capable to fix their own instruments at lwo DIY cost or just buy cheap Chinese  knockoffs.

4/ Some EEV veterans (like me!) enjoy the challenge of fixing and maintain our own 1960s..1990 instruments.

5/ The income you mention is very substantial. Hard to think your will do much better in EU or USA EVEN  IF you were even allowed to immigrate.

/Kindly suggest   a search to relocate should try other forums, .... Perhaps LinkedIn?

Удачи и до свидания

Jon

smaultre:
Thanks Jon for your kind words!

My income is mainly limited to the money transfers & shipping risks as one or more high value items (>10K$) are lost or damaged.
In Europe and the USA &Canada, postal services works much better, and the rates of risks are reduced by tenfolds.

In general, I am trying to explain that I will be useful to society, or the company invited me can independently provide, and not live on unemployment benefits.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version