Author Topic: Need to realocate & job searching, need help.  (Read 11609 times)

Offline smaultreTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Need to realocate & job searching, need help.
« on: April 14, 2022, 06:22:07 pm »
Hello my Friends!
Because of the situation here in Russia, I can no longer live here. Most people are zombified :palm:, the other are threatened with imprisonment for 10..15 years.
I have a small business here (on eBay), buying/selling refurbishment and calibration of measuring equipment for Worldwide home DIY-ers.
Fluke, Tektronix, Lecroy, Keithley, R&S, IFR(Aeroflex), Omega, Bruel&Kjaer, G.R.A.S, Flir, GWInstek  e.t.c... mid grade equip (most 0,5-8K$)
With 5-6К$/mounth income.
And I can increase my income by x10...30. From anywhere in Europe or USA/Canada.
I can swich there to the upper-grade and pro-grade equipments.
Ready to join the projects to restore, repair or service of the equipment on the customer side.
I have a bachelor's degree in telecommunications and informatics.
Ready to discuss any REAL suggestions.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 01:01:17 pm by smaultre »
Start a new life here!!!

Offline ZhuraYuk

• Regular Contributor
Re: Need to realocate & job searching, need help.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2022, 09:14:45 am »
I have a small business here, buying/selling refurbishment and calibration of measuring equipment for home DIY-ers.
Zapadpribor Russian office? I see they removed Russian and Belarusian contacts from their site.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 09:34:03 am »
You are sure?

I have a small business here, buying/selling refurbishment and calibration of measuring equipment for home DIY-ers.
That is joke? :o

1. Our "home DIY-ers" who use modern equipment it is 0.01% of total, they do buy, refurbishment and calibration by himself. Its a very small and limited caste, we all know each other.
2. Most our "home DIY-ers"(99.99% total) preferred use a ultra-low-cost meters and equipment, preferred made in china(aliexpress) or very old USSR toys.
I'm think, if you business work with group 2, then into "Anywhere in Europe or USA/Canada" these business skills will not bring profit.

With 5-6К$/mounth income.
Dear EEVblog users be very careful, these words is make me nervous, because most our "for home DIY-ers" sellers is scammers, who try to sell "trash" equipment as overpriced "new old-stock" without any refund or warranty's. Therefore our DIY-ers don't like these sellers. I have lost several thousand dollars on deals with  Russian "for home DIY-ers" sellers.

I really-really hope smaultre not one of theirs, but not sure.
Hope to see picture of smaultre calibration equipment and stock.... :popcorn:

Most people are zombified :palm:, the other are threatened with imprisonment for 10..15 years.
Yup, situation is very difficult, and i'm understand your desire to leave the country. Choice between "leave" and "stay" is hard for any people.
But yours words hurt me. I don't see zombies around me, and no one of my friend jailed.
Just stop watch Russian/EU/USA TV's!!! everybody lies!!!! :--
Better see Dave videos!  :-+
Ознакомься:
Поведение обиженки какой-то, я тебя не знаю, не знал, и знать не хочу, но что такого я тебе сделал?
Что ты так насрал в комментах? Фу... таким быть..

Maybe someone from ex USSR can consult or help to find the way?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 04:40:35 pm by smaultre »
Start a new life here!!!

Offline jonpaul

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 10:09:21 am »
smaultre, desole pour votre situation....

Beware that immigration from Russia to West (EU/UK/USA) may be very restricted due to War situation!

1/ EEVblog forum posts  should not raise political issues, especially with a war raging. Already another member in Russia is upset....The forum moderators can comment further....

2/ Repair and cal of equipment is a crowded but very small specialty. Commercial customers require a certified lab with tracible CAL to a national standards eg NIST in USA.

4/ Most EEVblog members will be capable to fix their own instruments at lwo DIY cost or just buy cheap Chinese  knockoffs.

4/ Some EEV veterans (like me!) enjoy the challenge of fixing and maintain our own 1960s..1990 instruments.

5/ The income you mention is very substantial. Hard to think your will do much better in EU or USA EVEN  IF you were even allowed to immigrate.

/Kindly suggest   a search to relocate should try other forums, .... Perhaps LinkedIn?

Удачи и до свидания

Jon

Jean-Paul  the Internet Dinosaur

The following users thanked this post: RJSV

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2022, 01:00:40 pm »
Thanks Jon for your kind words!

My income is mainly limited to the money transfers & shipping risks as one or more high value items (>10K$) are lost or damaged.
In Europe and the USA &Canada, postal services works much better, and the rates of risks are reduced by tenfolds.

In general, I am trying to explain that I will be useful to society, or the company invited me can independently provide, and not live on unemployment benefits.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 01:16:02 pm by smaultre »
Start a new life here!!!

Offline jonpaul

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2022, 01:30:34 pm »
Rebonjour Cher monsieur,

1/ international shipping has become very costly with lots of new paperwork especially for valuables over $2500.   US Post losses and damaged a lot especially if large parcels.
We use only Fed Ex, DHL with insurance.  All very costly!

2/ Your work search must clarify that you seek to emigrate out of Russians and to a Western country

3/ Instruments calibration is much too specific!!!!
Are you an electronic engineer, technician or just a hobyest?
Do you seek relocation, who pays exenses?  Any prospective employer asks... Education, experience, credentials.

After you can précis your situation and goals, suggesting that you find connexion via personal contacts, rather than the EEVBLOG forum.

Bon courage et bon chance

Jon
Jean-Paul  the Internet Dinosaur

Offline RJSV

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2022, 10:18:10 am »
Can you smuggle us some fentynal,...that maybe help pay, for the Mexican Nationals gang member, who will be your 'guide'.
   Don't worry, about (current) U.S. enforcement ;
      ...Mexican gang guy operates that, and very likely that person is sharp, alert, competent at that 'job'.

Offline RJSV

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2022, 10:39:50 am »
   Actually, come to think about (your post),...forget my joking around, YOU'VE just asked for help / sponsor and now, apparently, you plan on BREAKING U.S. LAW, as your very first act, to come here.

Your plan, is to BREAK THE U.S. LAWS, Correct ?

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2022, 07:52:12 am »
WARNING, if this thread become political I will lock it.

The following users thanked this post: Warhawk, jonpaul, MK14, RJSV

Offline strawberry

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2022, 06:52:53 pm »
this current thing wont last forever
I think not all goods are banned on border

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf