General > Work Wanted

Very high current >50-100 Amps 3-5 VDC Solid state relay form "C" MBB

(1/1)

HCT203:
Seeking help in finding a source or maybe designing a  high current solid state relay   SPDT  > 50-100 ADC  form  " D"  it is essentially a  form "C" EXCEPT  MBB ( make before break ) working voltage 3-5 V
switching speed < 10 msec  rep rate less than 5/minutes or  every 12 second . seeking very low ON impedance  ( Less than  2 milliohms )
Willing and able to compensate anyone helping  me in solving successfully this requirement .
Please do not underestimate this project will require serious  solid state relay experience as well very strong FET Gate driving design skill,
Been looking to use HT0440 by Microchip , as well as sub-milliohm Power MosFET such as IRF1324S-7PPbF  or IPT004N03L .  

Ice-Tea:
The problem with devices such as that Microchip is that they are slow. Which means slow switching and spending a looooong time in the Ohmic region of those fets. I made a 80V/30A(+) SSR some time ago that worked fine (albeit not in SPDT form). Should probably work, but depending on your price target it may not be suitable.

T3sl4co1l:
FYI, duplicate posts:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/solid-state-relay-very-high-current-gt50-100-amps-3-5-vdc-form-'c'-mbb-('d-')/msg1324928/#msg1324928
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/solid-state-relay-(mosfet)-form-'-c-'-mbb-(-make-before-break-)-10a-min-3-5-volt/msg1056024/#msg1056024

Tim

nctnico:
This shouldn't be too hard to design unless there are complicating requirements which make the design difficult (cost, form-factor, rush-in current, etc). However my first thought would be to use a regular relay and be done with it. At 100A a 2 milli-Ohm resistance will dissipate 20W.

PeterN:
Hi HCT203,
Did you solve your problem? Mind sharing how and what the application was?
If not I could point out a few components that we found useful for designing this type of high current switch.
Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version