Author Topic: Hello & a question EZ Digital GP-1305 - Does anybody have experience or opinions  (Read 1164 times)

Offline RustehTopic starter

Hello everybody, i'm new to the community and whilst i have a question that hopefully people can help with, thought a little introduction was in order.

As may be expected from my posting in the beginners section, i am just beginning in this hobby, having flirted on the side lines for a long time. I started an apprenticeship as a maintenance electrician in 1988! and now work as a project manager and have finally decided to pursue electronics as a hobby. Slowly building up a collection of components and equipment and have completed my first small project to build a 555 timer PWM circuit to dim LED's for a bench lamp i hope to build shortly.

Anyway, to cut to the chase, i am looking at options for a bench power supply and whilst funds are not that much of an issue, i would prefer to mitigate costs until such a time as i am more proficient. I have seen the usual cheap suspects from China and would prefer something a little more established and reliable, even if it means looking 2nd hand - to that end i have a few that i am keeping an eye on a few from the likes of TTi which have plenty of reviews/information out there.

I have also seen a promising looking supply - EZ Digital GP-1305 but the only thing i can find is that they're a Korean company that used to be part of LG? Does anybody have any knowledge on this company or their power supplies and the quality/reliability that can be expected?

Offline Signal32

• Frequent Contributor
Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm not familiar with EZ Digital products. What I would do for a "new" power supply is get a used one off eBay.
There are lots of good HP/Agilent power supplies going for very decent prices ($150-$250, maybe even ~$100).

See: Link1 Link2

Do you have any specific requirements in mind ?

Offline RustehTopic starter

Thanks Signal,

No specific requirements in mind, though at the minute i have quite an interest in LED's and circuits so would be nice to have at least 30v/3a for the 100w LED's. Up to press i aim to build circuits based on what interests me rather than any particular need, for my next project i hope to build a voltage reference source (no particular need, just fancy doing it :))

Unfortunately HP/Agilent stuff seems much less ubiquitous on eBay UK and far more expensive and due to size/weight international purchases can often cost as much to post as buy :o though i will look through the links you provided as not everything has to come from the USA.

Regards,

Russ

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf