Author Topic: Library's  (Read 22289 times)

Offline shebu18Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Library's
« on: December 28, 2011, 09:15:46 pm »
Hy everybody, what parts d you miss in Diptrace? Would it be a good idea to make a EEVblog-library for diptrace. You can make a part and add it to it or by asking.
There will be 2 files. The .lib and .eli files for the library and a list of existing parts in it.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Re: Library's
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 08:13:39 pm »
i like this idea, but i hope this is not going "take only" thread, lets give and take. let me first, and see how this goes... see attached libraries for pic mcu 16f690, 10f200, some soic op-amp and its compatible pad. i currently need for some analog like pc817 opto, 13007 power transistor etc, no time to build yet.  i hope someone can share.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 11:29:38 pm »
I hope the parts are good.

I changed the name of the library to "EEVBlog library", i hope it is ok for you. All the patterns that are used are in the "eli" file and the parts from the two librarys are in the "lib" file.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 09:06:23 am by shebu18 »

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 01:37:54 am »
diptrace says incorrect version. i'm using 2.1.9.2 beta. you? hex edit showing its my library? nevermind, i'm ok.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 05:54:05 am »
I think it's better to agree on a standard naming convention. It would be better if you guys follow the manufacturer's convention to indicate the packages in the component editor as a start. For example, ATMEGA328P-AU is a TQFP32 variant of ATMEGA328P and ATMEGA328P-PU is a DIP28 variant. Once the library grows, it will be cumbersome to streamline.

Glad that Diptrace is growing. :)

Offline amspire

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 07:04:43 am »
A rule that works for one part may not work well for another.

Using Microchip's package convention might work well for PIC IC's, but how about other types of IC's were the package/pinout options are complex and buried in the middle of the part number?

For example, the excellent Seiko range of series S-8355/56/57/58 regulators. They are all the same basic 600KHz Boost/Buck PWM/PFM switchable control switching regulator, with the 4 different package options, 7 different pinout options, and  14 different voltage options. There are almost 200 different versions of the same basic IC currently available and that could double or triple if big customers wanted more specific configurations. These chips are for very high quantity manufacturers who want a regulator with exactly the options they want and not one extra pin above that. If they do not use the Enable pin, they want to buy a smaller package with no Enable pin.

A typical part number looks like

S-8358B27MC-NQMT2x

The part number includes environmental options and the orientation on the tape reel.

Do you make all 200 different possible versions as schematic library entries, or do you reduce it to the 7 different pinout configurations?

Such as a schematic library entry for "Seiko-S-8357/58-SOT23-3" for the 3 pin (VOUT/VSS/EXT) SOT23 version.

Since this is a chip that most people will never touch, it seems to me that it is better only having 7 different schematic entries that are sort of self-descriptive then 200 that look meaningless without a data sheet.

Richard.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 07:12:15 am by amspire »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 09:06:06 am »
I used version 2.2.0.0. I use smd and thd in the name, so i know which part i use.

I don't think it is a good idea to make all those parts you sad, just the one u need.

It still is yours, i just edited the name of it.

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 03:43:06 pm »
Cant EAGLE libs be imported to DipTrace?

Alexander.
Become a realist, stay a dreamer.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 03:58:24 pm »
Yes you can, but you will have only one file. Normally you have 2 files not only one. Having only one file will make it harder to edit a part if you have to do so.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 04:02:17 pm by shebu18 »

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 04:03:22 pm »
Any "How to" for the import from EAGLE process?

Alexander.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 04:15:51 pm »
You need to export the eagle library as a .scr file.(Edit the library and click save as or export). In Component editor you have Import, there select eagle scr file.

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 04:35:01 pm »
Thanks you. I will give it a try.

Alexander.

Offline steve_w

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 08:25:34 am »
I have the time to do a few parts, but don't have the knowledge, any good links to video tutorials etc?
So long and thanks for all the fish

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 09:12:16 am »
You could take a look at the tutorial on their site.  http://www.diptrace.com/tour/

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 08:29:09 am »
Does anyone ever made or know where can I download the library for thru hole resistor like for 1/8,1/4 or 1/2 watts, but installed vertically instead of laying down horizontally as normal does ? Just want to save some space in a tightly cramped board.

Just don't want to reinvent the wheel if they're already created before.

Like the one at the left where installed vertically.

TIA
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 08:37:20 am by BravoV »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 09:16:43 am »
Do you have a pdf with those distances?

Offline harnon

• Regular Contributor
  • Is this thing on?
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 10:12:30 am »
Making libraries and patterns in diptrace is relatively trivial... I'll put together a tutorial tonight and post a link when done.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2012, 10:36:17 am »
The tutorial on their site is ok for this, it explains it ok.

Offline harnon

• Regular Contributor
  • Is this thing on?
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 10:37:57 am »
The tutorial on their site is ok for this, it explains it ok.
It's for my own interest as much as anything else!  :)

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 10:52:53 am »
Do you have a pdf with those distances?

Well, its plenty outthere actually, especially for through hole resistor like 1/2 , 1/4 and 1/8 watters, and I believe these are so common that their sizes are somehow very similar even between different manufacturers aren't they ?

Here a random grab from digikey -> http://www.seielect.com/Catalog/SEI-RNF_RNMF.pdf

Look at the 2nd page, RNF18 is for 1/8 watt , RNF14 is for 1/4 watt, RNF12 = 1/2 watt  while RNF1 = 1 watt and so on.

Making libraries and patterns in diptrace is relatively trivial... I'll put together a tutorial tonight and post a link when done.

Geez, thanks a lot !

Please, if its not troubling you too much, put a complete tutorial with the silk screen on this vertical installed resistor, I bet it will be useful to many others as well, especially doing thru hole components but with tight space.

Here an example of the silkscreen that I could think of, about the distance from the resistor body to the lead, I think 2 to 3 mm is enough right ?

Another wishful thinking, maybe 3D model as well ? :D .. LOL
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 10:54:55 am by BravoV »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2012, 11:28:15 am »

Well, its plenty outthere actually, especially for through hole resistor like 1/2 , 1/4 and 1/8 watters, and I believe these are so common that their sizes are somehow very similar even between different manufacturers aren't they ?

Here a random grab from digikey -> http://www.seielect.com/Catalog/SEI-RNF_RNMF.pdf

Look at the 2nd page, RNF18 is for 1/8 watt , RNF14 is for 1/4 watt, RNF12 = 1/2 watt  while RNF1 = 1 watt and so on.

I mean the distance between the bend pins.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 12:58:18 pm »

I mean the distance between the bend pins.

To be honest, I don't have any idea what is the standard distance for this, anyone have any idea ?

Pretty sure this lib will be used by enthusiast on their one off project only, not those high volume commercial product that will be handled by the autoinsertion machine.  :P

Offline harnon

• Regular Contributor
  • Is this thing on?
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 11:49:19 pm »
As promised, my first attempt at a tutorial can be found https://www.eevblog.com/forum/diptrace/patterncomponent-library-tutorial/.  Constructive comments welcome!

Offline ivan747

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2012, 03:30:44 am »
2N7000 and 2N7002 are missing, as well as many (relatively) common IRF MOSFETs. I have created a personal library for MOSFETs. I only have a 2N7000 for now, though.

I also created footprints (patterns) for SIL packages, and associated them with some symbols of SIL connectors I copied from an included library. That way you can use headers on your PCB like these:

I also want to create footprints for horizontal headers and have more styles, like the people at Sparkfun do with their EAGLE library.

Also, I can't find terminal blocks.

Creating these is super easy. Diptrace allows you to add a line of 0.1" separated holes. I guess one can change the separation and the hole size somewhere, but I have to figure it out.

Offline ivan747

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2012, 04:31:08 pm »
Here's a library for SIL components. For DipTrace, of course. You can use this with PCB headers, single-in-line ICs and pretty much anything you want.

Note: I haven't tested the footprints, but these footprints are so simple that you can't get them wrong.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf