Author Topic: GoPro Hero 4 Testing  (Read 2679 times)

Online EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
GoPro Hero 4 Testing
« on: October 09, 2014, 02:03:57 pm »
First test was low light performance:

2nd test was battery life. Initial battery testing gave 1hr 40mins battery life with continuous recording 1080P Superview 60fps with LCD always on at Medium brightness, and outside of case at 20degC ambient. That included 3 stops and formats of the small SD card I used.

Offline dr.diesel

• Super Contributor
  • Cramming the magic smoke back in...
Re: GoPro Hero 4 Testing
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 02:11:49 pm »
I'm no camera guy, but despite a bit of graininess, the Hero 4 low light looked "more visible" to me.  Maybe slightly brighter is the right term.

Offline sacherjj

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 02:43:41 pm »
I'm no camera guy, but despite a bit of graininess, the Hero 4 low light looked "more visible" to me.  Maybe slightly brighter is the right term.

It looks like the GoPro is brighter, but the Sony keeps the contrast.  It might be possible to pull the Sony up in post, if it is less noisy, and actually look better that the same brightness. 

Offline bktemp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 03:01:58 pm »
The Gopro is more noisy, but it also shows more details: On the Gopro you can see individual stones on the street while the Sony only shows a more or less gray surface.
I would prefer the GoPro image, because it shows more details in dark regions. A little bit of noise is ok, but a blurred image is annoying.

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 03:40:27 pm »
So much of the video is blurbed its hard to judge the noisiness. Were both cameras having trouble with their autofocus?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf