Author Topic: Siglent They filed a "wrongful trademark claim"  (Read 328420 times)

Offline OldSchoolTechCornerTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Siglent They filed a "wrongful trademark claim"
« on: October 22, 2015, 06:21:39 pm »
I won't have expected this from Siglent technologies, now I see they like to play games and try to manipulate the market. They do this by sending eBay legal notice for trademark violation. The item in question is the Siglent SDG5122 the item I sold recently on eBay. They try to claim it a fake, when clearly it isn't. It also was bought from a authorized reseller over a year ago from "www.tequipment.net" All pictures are mines and also no indication of it being a fake and any reason to suspect it was a fake. I have every right to sell a item used if I want to and wording on listing is mines. My guess is so people don't see these being resold used for cheap and makes it harder for them to sell them new. The reason I sold it was bought the newer Siglent 2122x which now I regret, from the same "www.tequipment.net"

Sorry I have to put this on the forum, as it wrong and companies sure be held responsible for their actions.

People I originally purchase item from

http://www.tequipment.net/Siglent/SDG5122/Function-Generator/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwkqKxBRCIrK_riNm13Z8BEiQAdzdVkPyc8erimWrL591mCblNUFVeqj69HdnQpWFRnHBcMrAaAsLU8P8HAQ

Copy of message was sent. Did already call the VERO department of eBay on the matter and they claim they sent them a legal notice about item being a fake.

Hello mastertechtrading,

After reviewing your eBay account, we've taken the following action:
 - Listings have been removed. A list of items that were removed can be viewed at the bottom of this message.
 - We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s). 
 Your listing was removed after the rights owner reported it as counterfeit. We urge you to contact the rights owner directly for more information about why they requested the removal of your listing and whether you can relist the item.

For more information on our VeRO program, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/vero/infoforusers.html

If you have more questions, contact our policy experts:
http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?query=1337&=PTB1211

Please be sure your current and future listings follow these guidelines, keeping in mind that additional violations could result in the suspension of your account.

The rights owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner, Siglent Technologies Co Ltd, notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

We encourage you to contact Siglent Technologies Co Ltd directly if you have any questions.

You can send an email to:
 kevin.fu@siglent.com

For more information on how eBay protects Intellectual Property, or for additional information if you believe that your listing has been removed as a result of an error or misidentification, please visit the following Help page:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/programs-vero-ov.html

Here are the listings that were removed:
 111776417161 - Siglent SDG5122 sdg5000 Function/ Arbitrary Waveform Generator 120MHz MINT

We appreciate your cooperation.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

Listing I had on here

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/siglent-sdg5122-function-arbitrary-waveform-generator-120mhz-mint/

Here pictures of the item, same that was in eBay listing before it was wrongfully pulled.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 06:49:10 pm by OldSchoolTechCorner »

The following users thanked this post: noobiedoobie

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
Re: Siglent They filed a "wrongful trademark claim"
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 06:27:29 pm »
Looking forward to hearing some answers from Kevin Fu - I assume you have already emailed him. Maybe he can reply directly in this thread...
VE7FM

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 06:28:55 pm »
Looking forward to hearing some answers from Kevin Fu - I assume you have already emailed him. Maybe he can reply directly in this thread...

I did email him. I would love for them to explain this one?  Did just sent link to thread.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 06:32:12 pm by OldSchoolTechCorner »

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 06:33:05 pm »
Well this is cedrtianly going to effect my decision to buy anything Siglent has to offer.
They have a number of what appear to be decent products, but DO I really want to be harassed for selling one on E-Bay just because I upgraded to a new Siglent model?
Sue AF6LJ

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 06:34:47 pm »

I did email him. I would love for them to explain this one?  Did just sent link to thread.
Good  :-\
Sue AF6LJ

Offline CrashO

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 06:35:07 pm »
Not sure whats going on at Teq, but no matter what url I try for them, this is all i'm getting  :palm:

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 06:35:21 pm »
Could it be not a Siglent's themselves complaining, but some other patent holder, who patented design as "gray box with flat screen with rounded corners over all North America" ?

It came from them, I was stocked myself, as at first assume more likely 3rd party myself, but did confirm it from Siglent technologies directly after getting off the phone with eBay VERO trademark department and legal team.

Offline nidlaX

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 06:40:36 pm »
Sad to see them make a mistake like this, but I've encountered a similar situation while selling some headphones eBay. Did you include any stock product photos in your listing?

You guys should give their rep a chance to explain themselves before bashing them.

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 06:42:46 pm »
:-DD bwahahaha, they've only recently managed to start shedding the reputation as peddlers of cheap crap, and now they're doing things like this? Well, that's it for me, they're back to "joke company" status... not that I'd have wanted any of their garbage anyway...
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2015, 06:43:16 pm »
Sad to see them make a mistake like this, but I've encountered a similar situation while selling some headphones eBay. Did you include any stock product photos in your listing?

You guys should give their rep a chance to explain themselves before bashing them.

No just my own pictures only and wording nothing copied. This is unacceptable, not a simple mistake. 

Offline Wuerstchenhund

• Super Contributor
  • Able to drop by occasionally only
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2015, 06:43:39 pm »
I won't have expected this from Siglent technologies, now I see they like to play games and try to manipulate the market. They do this by sending eBay legal notice for trademark violation. The item in question is the Siglent SDG5122 the item I sold recently on eBay. They try to claim it a fake, when clearly it isn't.

A fake? Seriously? Do Siglent fakes even exist? I mean, who would fake a Chinese B-brand product?  :-//

Faking a Siglent product would be like faking fake Chinese soya sauce (by using cheap dog's hairs instead of human hair that's in the "original")  >:D

Unless some important details are omitted I'd say based on what you said Siglent has clearly shot itself in both legs  |O

Offline Balaur

• Supporter
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2015, 06:45:58 pm »
Not sure whats going on at Teq, but no matter what url I try for them, this is all i'm getting  :palm:

I'm getting an Incapsula security verification page with a Captcha.
After solving the Captcha, I'm getting to the main site, but most of the images are not working.
Looking more into the problem, it becomes apparent that the images are also "protected" by another captcha.
After solving the image captcha, the site seems to work normally.

Eh, some poor guy at Teq fell into the familiar trap of the paradise promised by the security vendors. In reality, they just lost a potential customer that was really considering Teq for the next buy.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2015, 06:53:39 pm »
They removed the listing, so can't even show it. The original listing was this.

111776417161 - Siglent SDG5122 sdg5000 Function/ Arbitrary Waveform Generator 120MHz MINT

But also had it listed at the same time on here on the buysellwanted section. Just updated the pictures on the eBay listing to more detail pictures, so can have a better chance of selling, but those can be seen on first post, as those were the ones I used in the eBay listing.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/siglent-sdg5122-function-arbitrary-waveform-generator-120mhz-mint/

Offline edavid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2015, 06:54:31 pm »
Did you list it as "New" or "New other"?  If so, that may be the problem.

Did you file a counter notice?

Offline John Coloccia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2015, 06:56:18 pm »
I go here and it comes right up with zero problems:

http://www.tequipment.net/

I have nothing but good things to say about my dealings with them.

Offline DimitriP

• Super Contributor
  • "Best practices" are best not practiced.© Dimitri
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2015, 06:58:07 pm »
The rights owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner, Siglent Technologies Co Ltd, notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights.

For all we know it's not "SIGLENT" doing this but anyone lese with SIGLENT financial interest in North America ....still plenty of SDG5122 listed on ebay so yeah... there is something going on....

Do you still have your invoice/packing slip /paperwork with the serial number of the unit on it ?

If three 100  Ohm resistors are connected in parallel, and in series with a 200 Ohm resistor, how many resistors do you have? 

The following users thanked this post: bastl_r

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2015, 07:01:21 pm »
Did you list it as "New" or "New other"?  If so, that may be the problem.

Did you file a counter notice?

It was listed as used when I listed it on eBay, as it was used but mint condition. I tried to, but have to first email them since they actually sent a legal notice and give them 5 days to responds and if they email me, the call back eBay VERO department and print screen the emails, so is a process.   

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2015, 07:02:45 pm »
I go here and it comes right up with zero problems:

http://www.tequipment.net/

I have nothing but good things to say about my dealings with them.
Tequipment is good, never had issues with them and usually pretty fast and good prices.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2015, 07:08:57 pm »
The rights owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner, Siglent Technologies Co Ltd, notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights.

For all we know it's not "SIGLENT" doing this but anyone lese with SIGLENT financial interest in North America ....still plenty of SDG5122 listed on ebay so yeah... there is something going on....

Do you still have your invoice/packing slip /paperwork with the serial number of the unit on it ?

As much as I hate to think they did it. They more likely did, unless someone pretending to be "Siglent technologies", already confirmed it with eBay legal department, not a 3rd party. Was purchase directly from Tequipment, wasn't sold as new, but as used and using my own pictures and wording, nothing copied, so no valid reason I can think of for them to filing legal notice. Pictures in first post was same as used in eBay listing and are mines, no stock photos used ether.

Yes item was sold already and wasn't pulled to after the fact.

Even with all that said, there is no known fake Siglent sdg5122's that I know off and you can look at the pictures I posted, which are the same I used in the eBay listing and Siglent pictures and nothing to even suggest it was a fake.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 07:41:24 pm by OldSchoolTechCorner »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2015, 07:26:50 pm »
Mines is the top listing. You can't see the listing as eBay wrongfully removed it.

To come think about it I don't see any used Siglents that were sold anymore. Do know two other of mine models was sold a month ago and don't see those in search results anymore, just other models. Won't be shock that thoses disappear to in a couple of weeks. 

Here search results for that model and nothing comes up anymore that was sold?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=siglent+sdg&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=siglent+sdg5122&_sacat=0
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 07:28:36 pm by OldSchoolTechCorner »

Offline Towger

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2015, 07:41:16 pm »
Is the CEO not visiting Dave next month?  Looks like Dave has some new questions to ask him.

Offline John Coloccia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2015, 07:57:24 pm »
I would call TEquipment and tell them that Siglent is claiming that the product they sold you is counterfeit. See what their response is.

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2015, 07:58:38 pm »

It is amazing how many of the Siglent items come back to the same seller.
Sue AF6LJ

Offline fivefish

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2015, 08:06:25 pm »
On a related note about "Trademark claims"...

Several years ago, I was an Amazon affiliate selling various electronic items from Amazon's product feed.
One of the TV brands I'm showing was SONY.  There it is... my site, promoting SONY TVs, and when you click on it, you're taken to Amazon website to complete the transaction... the same as thousands of other affiliates do.
Then I get a letter from SONY lawyers accusing me of trademark infringement.
I told them I'm just using photos and descriptions of their SONY TVs, provided by Amazon. I'm just an affiliate. All info/photos come from Amazon.
They want me to take down the pictures!
I replied back... you know, I'm helping SONY company by promoting your TVs, and the buyer completes the transaction at Amazon.
They replied back... "You can still sell our SONY TVs, but you're not allowed to show pictures of SONY TVs in your online store."
So fuck them, I removed all SONY products on my store. Instead I promoted heavily the other brands LG, Panasonic, etc.
then you read in the news that SONY has been racking losses for the past 10 years in their TV business, and may exit this market.
Gee... I fucking wonder why????

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2015, 08:11:49 pm »
I think both Siglent and Sony can Kiss My Output Port.  :-DD
Sue AF6LJ

The following users thanked this post: redone90

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf