Author Topic: Fluke 8840A Calibration  (Read 3862 times)

Offline AnsonTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Fluke 8840A Calibration
« on: July 19, 2013, 10:52:45 pm »
I recently got a Fluke 8840A off EBAY for $45 it was listed as "Desktop Meter". So I was very fortunate. I would like to have it "calibrated" or verified that the measurements are good or atleast know how far off they are. I didn't want to spend more than I paid for it.  I have seen the DMM Check Plus and considered getting one to verify my meter and others. Is this a viable option? I'm just a hobbyist I don't need perfect. I just need to know my meter is somewhat accurate. Or would sending it in atleast once to be professionally calibrated still be warranted.

Offline synapsis

• Regular Contributor
    • Blackcow
Re: Fluke 8840A Calibration
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 11:26:53 pm »
I just picked up a DMM Check and am happy with it. I can use it on multiple devices, and if you pay shipping he'll recalibrate it for free for two years.

Offline dr.diesel

• Super Contributor
  • Cramming the magic smoke back in...
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 12:00:00 am »
Or list your State/City, there are many of us with proper equipment, we'd be happy to meet up with you and compare.

Offline AnsonTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 12:17:10 am »
Or list your State/City, there are many of us with proper equipment, we'd be happy to meet up with you and compare.

Well I live in Florida but not near a real city. I live just outside a small town called Fort White. It's basically nowhere/hicksville but I like it. If someone were within an hour drive of me I could justify it.

Offline dr.diesel

• Super Contributor
  • Cramming the magic smoke back in...
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 08:46:19 am »
My wife just left for Ocala this morning!

Hopefully somebody will pipe up here and be able to help out, there is likely equipment close by.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf