Author Topic: [rules] How can I force Altium to route only Top and Bottom layers on ML-PCB ?  (Read 3335 times)

Offline asmodatTopic starter

I am making 4 layer board.

-Top Layer
-ML-Top 1
-ML-Bottom 1
- Bottom Layer

I was informed, by my manufacturer, that the cheapest option for 4 layer board is to make it using only through via. Because making it with buried and blind via's is more pricey.

So I wanted to make the rule so I can create only through via and be able to routing my Mid layers with it. How do i do that ?

I have this query: "((StartLayer = 'Top Layer') and (StopLayer = 'Bottom Layer'))"
In Routing Via Style under my ThruVia category, but when I press '+' or '-' buttons while routing it is not applied and uVias and burried vias are created even if I only specified one Drill Pair (Top-Bottom) in my Layer Stack Manager.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 01:33:54 pm by asmodat »

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
??!? what ?

Why do you over-complicate this ?
there is no need to set up layer pairs. THat is your problem. by setting up layer pairs you enable the microvia/buried system.
do not set up pairs. then there are no microvias / buried vias and everything will be simple thru.
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
Exacly. Default setting is no buried and blind via. For 4 layer standard stackup, buried via doesn't make sense anyway (who connects GND to power, right?). You need like 8 layers, 0402, BGA, space limitation and high frequency to even consider anything else than regular vias.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf