Author Topic: [Solved] Wrong footprint assignment in a DB library  (Read 1704 times)

Offline warpcoTopic starter

• Contributor
[Solved] Wrong footprint assignment in a DB library
« on: October 28, 2019, 08:02:33 pm »
Hey guys!

A few days ago I tried to create my first DB library based on an Excel table. The library contained a few thousands of chip resistors in different packages. When I add one of the resistors on a schematic I saw that it had two footprints: the right one, like in the Excel table, and... the second one. I have no idea where the second came from, it wasn't in the table!

After some research I found that the resistors in the 0402 package were fine (they were the first in the table). All others had two footprints - the right one and 0402. Also the right footprints had the empty description field (you can see it on the screenshots above). I tried to create the library with only two components and got the same result.

I attached the archive with this library if you want to see it yourself. Just in case, I have Altium Designer 19.1.5 and MS Office 2010. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this issue? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 03:04:44 pm by warpco »

Offline Pseudobyte

• Frequent Contributor
  • Embedded Systems Engineer / PCB Designer
Re: Wrong footprint assignment in a DB library
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 02:35:28 pm »
The issue is you have the footprint assigned in your symbol. Remove it from the schlib and let the DBlib do the linking.
“They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do”

The following users thanked this post: warpco

Offline warpcoTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Wrong footprint assignment in a DB library
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 03:03:52 pm »
Thank you so much! How didn't I guess that?! I've tried to find how to solve this issue for two weeks.  |O

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf