Author Topic: ATtiny package wierdness  (Read 2642 times)

Offline M@rkBotTopic starter

ATtiny package wierdness
« on: February 22, 2014, 02:33:02 pm »
hi,

so i have been developing a PCB for a product and after testing using a DIP package i miniaturized the design to use a QFN package. after downloading the library for the footprint for eagle (avr-4) i dropped the package and had some boards made up.

but after assembling and trying to test i realised that the footprint is different too the package. so i dropped the TINY24/44/84-MU, apparently HP-VFQFP-N20 and its totally mismatched, apparently its a 20pin QFN/MLF20, but no matter how hard i search or look at datasheets i cannot find one with a pin pitch greater than 0.50 and the pad the library dropped is 0.65.

this is the first time iv dealt with QFN packages and i don't really know a great deal about what im doing with them, so any help with finding out what im obviously not getting is much appreciated. i need to move along with this prototype quickly so i would like to avoid having more boards made and waiting for a week or two for them to arrive.

thanks,

mark.

Offline fluxcapacitor

• Frequent Contributor
Re: ATtiny package wierdness
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 03:42:37 pm »
Heres a datasheet for the  HP-VFQFP-N20 :  http://datasheet.octopart.com/T7024-PGS-Atmel-datasheet-77070.pdf

Page 16 has the pad info .

Offline M@rkBotTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 04:08:05 pm »
thats the footprint allright!!!!

no idea why its been dropped for a tiny84 when i cannot find one in that package??

thanks. :)

Offline Neverther

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 07:22:03 pm »
The Atmel datasheet specifies the spacing at 0.50mm.

Never assume, always measure, even on design phase.
Learned that as I got 4 different width SO quick adapters.
Also attiny20 has 0.45 spacing for the packaging. 20 pins, same as attinyX4, but 3x3mm size instead of 4x4mm.

I'm using kicad here, so I have to somewhat pick/make my own footprints.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf