Author Topic: Can I pay someone $500 to measure frequencies  (Read 9883 times)

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
Re: Can I pay someone $500 to measure frequencies
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2022, 12:15:54 pm »

If it is small enough it might get stuck in the appendix, and never come out through the poop tube.

For battery operated devices you are quite right that it will run out very quickly, unless he swallowed a device with one of those new nuclear diamond batteries. They can last for ever :-DD

What reason does he have to think he swallowed this device? Was it deliberate, say as part of an experiment, or was it slipped into his food?

What sort of device was it? How big was it?

Why does he think it's still in him?

If he didn't swallow it, it must be some sort of implant. How did it come to be implanted?

What's the story with the friend who can read the frequency on a computer. How does this work? He can obviously pick it up, so why can't he locate the source?

This is either a spoof or someone undergoing an irrational excursion.

You think? 8)

Read his other post https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/hanheld-frequency-analyzer-question/msg4306027/#msg4306027
How does one digest something? Probably by swallowing it, and then one could think of something being hidden in food.

We used to do something like that when our cat needed medicine :)

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2022, 12:23:06 pm »
I'll do it for $349.99  :-DD

bd139 is not your choice - he's too honest.

I will let you fill out a questionnaire such as what frequencies you expecting to find. We endeavor to fulfill your requests in our lab. Our aim here is 100% customer satisfaction!

:-DD
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline MikeK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2022, 12:23:53 pm »
Mulder!!!!

Offline Zenith

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2022, 12:33:14 pm »

You think? 8)

Read his other post https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/hanheld-frequency-analyzer-question/msg4306027/#msg4306027
How does one digest something? Probably by swallowing it, and then one could think of something being hidden in food.

We used to do something like that when our cat needed medicine :)

No need to swallow something to digest it on the astral plane this is happening on.

Online joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2022, 12:39:58 pm »
Lab time per hour may exceed your budget. 

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2022, 12:40:27 pm »
Doh, why did you have to lock the OP's other thread, I had valuable advice for him.  ;D
Best Regards, Chris

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2022, 12:44:38 pm »

Psychological warfare? Just the one cent :palm:

Look at bd's avatar! He has said he will change it, but I think concealing honesty would be a shame  ::)
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Online MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2022, 01:05:00 pm »
To OP.  Also, did you have your/a mobile phone with you, when you had these experiences?

If so, did your friend ever have access, at some point to that mobile phone?

Because (as a prank/joke/fun/etc), they could have theoretically installed a tracking app (or similar), which 'sends' your location to their mobile phone.  There are also relatively small tracking devices, for checking the location of potentially lost luggage and things.  Which they could have hidden, in some of your belongings, that you usually have with you.
Such as airtags  https://www.apple.com/uk/airtag/

N.B.  These are NOT swallowed at all.

The following users thanked this post: Nominal Animal

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2022, 01:20:39 pm »
[...] they could have theoretically installed a tracking app (or similar), which 'sends' your location to their mobile phone.  There are also relatively small tracking devices, for checking the location of potentially lost luggage and things.  Which they could have hidden, in some of your belongings, that you usually have with you.

Who said anything about location tracking? I think you are over-interpreting the OP's posts. "I have wireless chip inside me that broadcasts signal to my friend who can read the frequency on computer." is what they wrote.  :bullshit:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 01:22:24 pm by ebastler »

The following users thanked this post: MK14

Online MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2022, 01:32:05 pm »
Who said anything about location tracking? I think you are over-interpreting the OP's posts. "I have wireless chip inside me that broadcasts signal to my friend who can read the frequency on computer." is what they wrote.  :bullshit:

The OP is apparently being very limited, as to the wider picture as to what is going on.  So I may indeed have filled in the missing details, with speculation.

I'm also, probably taking too much notice of other replies in this thread.

The supplied story, does not seem to add up technically speaking.  They would seem to be mistaken, in a number of areas.

I'm initially giving them the benefit of the doubt, as to what is really going on.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2022, 01:46:53 pm »

Look at bd's avatar! He has said he will change it, but I think concealing honesty would be a shame  ::)

The only thing I was concealing is that mine was an estimate and as a software guy you'll get 90% of the job done for the price and have to pay the same again to get the other 90% of the project delivered  >:D

The following users thanked this post: pcprogrammer

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2022, 01:50:04 pm »
I'm initially giving them the benefit of the doubt, as to what is really going on.

Guess we have to wait and see if the original poster comes back with additional information. That is if we did not scare him off.

And if he is genuine, like Nominal Animal somewhat hopes, the trend of posts might become better, but I think the best advise has already been given in the first couple of posts. "Seek professional medical help"

Online MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2022, 02:17:55 pm »
"Seek professional medical help"

I agree,  bdidds0831/OP, should "Seek professional medical help".

Online magic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2022, 02:28:47 pm »
This sounds like an important issue if you are willing to travel, so don't be a cheapskate.
I will do it for $850 8)

BTW, the answer is 7.83Hz. PM me for the address to mail your cheque.

Offline Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2022, 02:49:34 pm »
BTW, the answer is 7.83Hz.
Schumann resonance aside, there are several wave patterns in the 1 Hz to 15 Hz range detectable in all living human brains, caused by the neuronal activity in the brain.
Interestingly, changes in theta wave patterns in particular (those in the 4 - 7 Hz range) are associated with several developmental and psychiatric disorders.

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2022, 02:51:13 pm »
The OP is apparently being very limited, as to the wider picture as to what is going on.  So I may indeed have filled in the missing details, with speculation.
[...]
The supplied story, does not seem to add up technically speaking.  They would seem to be mistaken, in a number of areas.

You have a point there. The OP might not have much technical knowledge, a prankster friend might have fed them a story about being able to "read" or even locate that signal, and they related that poorly in their posts. Can't exclude that possibility.

What had me assume that they have some technical background, and that this really was only about detecting an emitted frequency, was their mention of a "handheld analyzer to measure frequencies" in the other post. But that could also mean either (a) they are telling us a troll story, or (b) they are non-technical, seriously concerned, and have been down this rabbit hole deep enough to actually buy some equipment.

Let's wait whether the OP comes back with more details, so we can figure out which scenario we are deailing with.

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2022, 02:51:32 pm »

The only thing I was concealing is that mine was an estimate and as a software guy you'll get 90% of the job done for the price and have to pay the same again to get the other 90% of the project delivered  >:D

Of course; silly of me to forget that. Honour restored.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline Terry Bites

• Super Contributor
  • Recovering Electrical Engineer
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2022, 03:07:31 pm »

Was this implanted by aliens?
Have you considered psychic surgery?
Do you really have a friend?
I'd wait a few days and keep checking the toilet before you flush.

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2022, 03:19:45 pm »
What had me assume that they have some technical background, and that this really was only about detecting an emitted frequency, was their mention of a "handheld analyzer to measure frequencies" in the other post. But that could also mean either (a) they are telling us a troll story, or (b) they are non-technical, seriously concerned, and have been down this rabbit hole deep enough to actually buy some equipment.

Maybe he was just referring to his smart phone with a wifi analyzer app installed :-//

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2022, 03:21:12 pm »

The only thing I was concealing is that mine was an estimate and as a software guy you'll get 90% of the job done for the price and have to pay the same again to get the other 90% of the project delivered >:D

You mean to say 90% of the remaining 10% of the project and so on, meaning he's going to pay you for ever to get the job done :-DD

I know how the software boys people work. Used to be one >:D
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 03:51:23 pm by pcprogrammer »

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2022, 04:09:50 pm »
There you go (scroll to 4:00 to "frequency measurement" magic):

https://youtu.be/zTtVcUp7S6U7
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2022, 04:37:52 pm »

So have I, although it's been a year since the injection and I think the battery has run out, as I decided not to get the booster. :palm:
meh, i'm not worried about that bill gates tracking device. the firmware crashed long before the battery ran out.
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2022, 04:38:58 pm »
beware of comic radiation !
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

The following users thanked this post: hexreader

Offline rob77

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2022, 04:43:15 pm »
buy the $50 spectrum analyzer on aliexpress and save yourself $450 (e.g. for a session at psychotherapist) :-DD

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf