Author Topic: Date code for Analog Devices op-amp...  (Read 8142 times)

Offline jimdeaneTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Date code for Analog Devices op-amp...
« on: April 25, 2017, 10:15:35 pm »
I'm trying to determine the date code for an op-amp in a piece of equipment that I think was purchased around 2000.

The chip is an ADI (Analog Devices) OP496GP quad op-amp. I've checked the datasheet and did not find a code reference, and google was unhelpful (including checking links to the ADI website).

Here's the totality of what's on the 14-pin plastic DIP:

ADI S9542
OP496GP
M29604    0

Center line is the chip ID, so either S9542 or M29604 is probably a date code. However, 95 and 96 seem awfully early for a near-2000 production date. Not impossible, perhaps it was old stock when sold. But I'm not sure, so I thought I'd ask here.

Offline danadak

• Super Contributor
  • Reactor Operator SSN-583, Retired EE
Re: Date code for Analog Devices op-amp...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 10:30:05 am »
You might consider doing a post at ADI -

https://ez.analog.com/community/amplifiers

Regards, Dana.
Love Cypress PSOC, ATTiny, Bit Slice, OpAmps, Oscilloscopes, and Analog Gurus like Pease, Miller, Widlar, Dobkin, obsessed with being an engineer

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 10:54:42 am »
The picture found here (attached for future reference) suggests it's the first line, as I doubt that is an IC from 1946(!)

Offline MagicSmoker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 11:55:01 am »
Usually IC date codes are 4 digits, where the first pair of numbers specify the year and the second pair specifies the week. So without looking at any other references on the net, despite the ease of doing such, I would surmise that S9542 is the date code and that this IC was made in the 42nd week of 1995.

The prefix S might be used to bin the part according to one of the critical parameters (say, offset voltage or current), or to indicate a specific fab or facility, etc.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf