Author Topic: dc/dc step up converter  (Read 2045 times)

Offline simondidTopic starter

• Contributor
dc/dc step up converter
« on: May 09, 2017, 01:23:13 pm »
hey

so i'm looking for a dc/dc step up converter design which takes 3 to 6 volts and can output between 5 and 12 volts i need the design to be adjustable with a resistor.

that input to this converter is a pin called IPSOUT  from the C.h.i.p pro sbc witch has a 2.5 amp at up to 5v limit the pin is described as following https://docs.getchip.com/chip_pro.html#battery-charging-and-bts-pin
The Intelligent Power Select provides up to 2.5 amps at up to 5 volts, depending on power provided at CHG-IN or VBUS pins. If a 3.7V LiPo battery is the only source of power, IPSOUT will provide a bit less than 3.7 volts. In general, the voltage at IPSOUT is a bit less than voltage in, with a max voltage of 5 volts.

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
Re: dc/dc step up converter
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 06:00:42 pm »
If you want to convert between 3V and 6V to 5V to 12V, then you'll need a DC-DC converter which can both step-up and step-down the voltage, since there's some overlap between the input and output voltages.

Offline simondidTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 11:19:02 am »
okay ya that makes sense

also, another question if you read the documentation do you read it like it can exceed 5 voltes?

Offline rfbroadband

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 08:32:34 pm »
a SEPIC converter will be able to meet your requirements.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf