Author Topic: EI375 steel laminate primary transformer calculation  (Read 4534 times)

Offline gkmaiaTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Electronics Hobbyist
Re: EI375 steel laminate primary transformer calculation
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2019, 01:44:53 am »
Finally received the wires and put it back together.

Good thing is I am off just by 0.2v at the 8v range when compared to the old 110v primary.

By our calculations we had to double the 4670 turns to 9340. But that was delivering a bit more than expected. I had to add extra 500 turns to bring it down a bit.

The clear coat on just one side of the laminates went fine. Fit not to tight neither loose. Just about right.

The only pain is to deal with 42 gauge wire... too thin to manipulate, to remove the enamel and weld.

It is now measuring a resistor for more than an hour. Still no magic smoke!!! Transformer is cold and reading stable.

I guess that is a winner!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 01:47:22 am by gkmaia »

Offline gkmaiaTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Electronics Hobbyist
Re: EI375 steel laminate primary transformer calculation
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2019, 12:48:27 am »
Learning can be fun and Now you know more than most.I apologize for my crappy math but the formulas are correct. Just plug in the known variables and you can create any transformer you want.

Hey Jwillis I am working on a new transformer project. Not sure if you have some spare time but I would be great if you could give me some tips.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/tektronix-t910-oscilloscope-high-voltage-transformer-issue/msg2702678/#msg2702678

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf