Author Topic: I need a little help with a Yihua 853D soldering station  (Read 697 times)

Offline KoolBreezeTopic starter

I need a little help with a Yihua 853D soldering station
« on: November 04, 2019, 03:58:33 pm »
The hot-air gun handle says it's a 108D or based on it. I have one of these cheap 3 in 1's and I now believe it now to be a knockoff but it's affordable for now it works well except I don't have fan control so I changed the potentiometer with no effect started looking and found liquid either from a burst capacitor or something else not sure but what I want to do is bypass the PCB and wire the fan control directly to the potentiometer but I don't know which wires do what and all my searches end up showing me nothing usable then a question in this forum was a close match to my question yet it wasn't so now I have registered in order to ask you all for some help on determining how to complete the bypass. It uses a 3 wire B10K potentiometer. Everything except for the fan potentiometer works I cleaned the area with alcohol. Can a capacitor blow out the bottom? I know they are made to blow out the top and so I'm not sure if the liquid was capacitor juice or something else. I took some time to think about my next move. I have to pull the mainboard out and look underneath for a short if that fails, I will need to do the fan bypass. I even had to order a cheaper station to fix this station (lol) it arrives today. This station is new but it's not worth shipping it around to get fixed besides that I can fix this if I can figure out what wires on the hot air gun do. If you need more information please just ask I will do my best to answer. I am an old school PC hardware repair tech. I bought this station and a digital microscope to train myself for soldering SMD parts so I know a bit about how electronics work. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf