Author Topic: Korad KA6300P power supply  (Read 1411 times)

Offline techiegirlTopic starter

Korad KA6300P power supply
« on: November 12, 2020, 10:56:44 pm »
Hello,

I just purchased a Korad KA6300P.  I primarily want to use it to power making Colloidal Silver keepin at constant voltate and amps, which many do.  However, I tried to test the unit with a multimeter to verify power output and when the Korad was at 31V and 3.1A, the multimeter read  44v.  That was was just attaching the probes from the Korad to the multimeter in VDC mode.  I have tried testing some simple items like plug in wall power supplies..  I just don't know how to use the settings and the manual to me isn't any use.  I googled this unit and all I could find was reference to the KA3005P units.   I think what I have is defective and amazon is sending a replacement..  Can any guide me to where I can find informatin on how to use "specific details" on this and other units..   Thank you

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
Re: Korad KA6300P power supply
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 11:37:32 pm »
If it's outputting 44V, when it's only rated for 30 V maximum, then it's definitely defective.

What do you want colloidal silver for? Please don't drink it. Only use it outside the body, never internally!

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 11:44:29 pm »
Thanks...no it's a 60v or 30V.   I have it set at 30v when the multimeter shows44v.  BTW, I brew my own CS and have been taking it for years and using it for different things and have never felt this great in my life.  CS is fantastic.  My animals are thriving as well.  There are a lot of misconceptions about CS..

Offline mikerj

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 11:57:33 pm »
CS is fantastic.  My animals are thriving as well.  There are a lot of misconceptions about CS..

Have you been guzzling bitter almonds as well?  They cure cancer you know  |O |O

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 12:03:08 am »
That's interesting people make comments on a subject they don't have a clue about.  This is not what my initial topic is about, but I guess no one has any answers..

Offline rdl

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 01:03:55 am »
I think the power supply is defective if you were measuring 44 volts when it was set for 31 volts. It could be the output voltage is wrong or maybe the voltage display is reporting it wrong, hard to know without poking around inside.

The power supply follows Ohm's Law. Most things you would normally connect to the output (the load) will have some resistance. The power supply can limit either the amps or the volts with respect to the load resistance according to Ohm's Law. Which one is limited depends on how you have set the controls.

Online Gregg

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 01:15:17 am »
Try connecting a load to the power supply and try reading the voltage again.  It could be that there is a smoothing capacitor on the power supply output that has a charge greater than the set point and until that charge is bled off, it will not read correctly.  Something like a 60 watt incandescent light bulb would make an ideal load.  Set the power supply to CV for constant voltage to test, if the resistance of the load tries to take more current than the setting, the voltage will drop correspondingly. 
You say you have no use for the manual; does that mean you don't understand it? 

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2020, 12:26:20 pm »
Thanks...the manual is okay for someone that uses a powersupply all the time.  I'm just starting and want to learn all the aspects of testing with the unit.  Googling has failed in this respect.

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2020, 01:51:26 pm »
Thanks...no it's a 60v or 30V.   I have it set at 30v when the multimeter shows44v.
Then it's faulty.

BTW, I brew my own CS and have been taking it for years and using it for different things and have never felt this great in my life.  CS is fantastic.  My animals are thriving as well.  There are a lot of misconceptions about CS..
Placebo effect.

That's interesting people make comments on a subject they don't have a clue about.
I have a fairly good understanding about the toxicity of silver, which accumulates in the body and is difficult to get rid of. It can cause brain damage. Someone on another forum, I used to post at took it on a regular basis and I witnessed their mental decline. It was quite disturbing to see their posts becoming more strange and incoherent. Fortunately this seems unlikely, but damage to the skin, eyes and kidneys is more common.

It's your life, your body, do what you want. You probably knew most of scientific evidence shows coloidal siver is toxic. If you didn't want anyone commenting on it, you shouldn't have mentioned it. It's not personal. You would have gotten a similar response had you talked about any other risky behaviour such as distilling your own alcohol.

The following users thanked this post: MikeK, tooki

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2020, 02:22:52 pm »
Ionic silver is not...only idiots that consume high PPM on a continual basis might have issues... documentation and people using it for years have no side effects or issues...does not retain in the body.  However this medium is not for arguing with someone that "thinks" they know what they are talking about.  Join some Facebook forums on CS and educate yourself.  I am done discussing this with you.

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
    • General Repair and Support
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2020, 07:06:51 pm »
With just 5 posts :palm: I suspect she hasn't the slightest idea of the extensive caliber and credibility of the one she rebukes..

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2020, 11:20:52 pm »
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7486059/
That doesn't surprise me. The antiviral properties of silver are well known. The same is true for other poisons such as isopropanol and phenol, but they're not something you should drink. :palm:

Antiseptics such as colloidal silver should only be used for cleaning the skin and surfaces. They should never be ingested or injected. Note that silver can damage the kidneys, which are also a target for SARS-Cov-2 and taking it is likely to increase the risk of severe COVID-19.

Ionic silver is not...only idiots that consume high PPM on a continual basis might have issues... documentation and people using it for years have no side effects or issues...does not retain in the body.  However this medium is not for arguing with someone that "thinks" they know what they are talking about.  Join some Facebook forums on CS and educate yourself.  I am done discussing this with you.
Anecdote doesn't equal data.

There's a lot of evidence in support of silver's toxicity.
https://academic.oup.com/annweh/article/49/7/575/148203

It also appears significant quantities of silver can be absorbed through mucus membranes, so using a silver containing compounds on wound dressings, as eye drops and even jewellery in the mouth, nose and genitals could cause unacceptably large amounts to be absorbed.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30125612/

I don't want to discuss this either, but it's important to warn others reading this thread about the toxicity of silver.

The following users thanked this post: MikeK

Online Gregg

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2020, 11:39:37 pm »
I remember when dental fillings were commonly an amalgam of silver and mercury....a real double whammy  :scared:

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2020, 11:56:00 pm »
I remember when dental fillings were commonly an amalgam of silver and mercury....a real double whammy  :scared:
I admit, I was a bit quick with the remark about jewellery in mucus membranes, which is probably low risk, unless you have loads of them.

There's a big difference between silver and mercury amalgam fillings which are inert and well sealed and ionic silver solutions, or colloids, which are easily absorbed. It's like comparing leaded solder, which is perfectly safe to use, with leaded petrol, which contains volatile, easily absorbed lead compounds, which can cause severe disease in small quantities.

The following users thanked this post: MikeK

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
    • General Repair and Support
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2020, 01:53:44 am »
I was thinking full-on cat lady with that "My animals are thriving as well" :-DD

Offline radiolistener

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2020, 03:43:35 am »
no it's a 60v or 30V.   I have it set at 30v when the multimeter shows44v.

What multimeter type you're using? Are you sure it shows correct voltage?
Some Chinese and burned multimeter can show you wrong voltage.

KORAD PSU has calibration mode, so it is possible that calibration is corrupted or factory forgot to perform it. First make sure if your multimeter can measure 30 V correctly. Then make sure you're using PSU properly and settings are correct.

Show us the photo with your installation, PSU setting and multimeter results.

Another issue is a chemical potion which you're mentioned...
Did you seen that 44 V after you have drunk this potion?   :popcorn:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 03:50:32 am by radiolistener »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf