Author Topic: Newbie to oscilloscopes-kind of.  (Read 448 times)

Offline cyberwaspTopic starter

• Contributor
Newbie to oscilloscopes-kind of.
« on: January 01, 2020, 03:02:26 pm »
I you read my new members intro you'll understand the following.

For the past 2 months I've been watching tutorials on using oscilloscopes. Am slowly getting back into electronics via fixing items for friends and neighbor. I've been gathering a lot of 18650 Li-ion cells. I threw together a charger using a TP4056 module. 

Now to my question. Like I said I'm still learning how to use the scope. However, I watched an old Youtube video of a guy using a scope to monitor the voltage and current  of the battery he was charging. I would like to do the same. I can monitor the voltage but can't find the appropriate point for the current. The tp4056 he used doesn't have the protection circuits that mine does.

I would have included the link to the video but the previous forum I joined was highly offended when I did that. TIA

Thank you Blue skull    Here's the video I referenced
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 03:30:05 pm by cyberwasp »

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
Re: Newbie to oscilloscopes-kind of.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 05:21:53 pm »
Wouldn't be easier and more numerically tractable to use a pair of DMMs for this kind of thing? Scopes may be as few a 8 bits on the ADC and you may not be using all of them depending on how the front end is built.  As a result, any readings you get are of limited resolution.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf