Author Topic: Resistor ????  (Read 475 times)

Offline K.primdahl.8270Topic starter

Resistor ????
« on: April 25, 2024, 08:54:12 pm »
I'm puzzled by this resistor
Can anyone help please

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
Re: Resistor ????
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2024, 09:32:15 pm »
1 Ohm.

It looks fine.

Have you measured it using a mutimeter?

Offline Herschel

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2024, 12:26:35 pm »
https://www.digikey.in/en/resources/conversion-calculators/conversion-calculator-resistor-color-code?_gl=1*1d14nck*_up*MQ..&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-LiPqK_ihQMVaYbCCB22yA3REAAYASAAEgI6OPD_BwE

80 ohm 1% ?

is the second band grey or silver? i have never seen a resistor with 2nd silver band like this before...

just use a mulimeter...

« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 12:40:26 pm by Herschel »

Online soldar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2024, 03:06:33 pm »
blk-grey-blk-blk?

180?
All my posts are made with 100% recycled electrons and bare traces of grey matter.

Offline Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2024, 04:59:35 pm »
blk-grey-blk-blk?

180?
The value wouldn't start with black unless the multiplier band was silver, and 180 would be BROWN grey black black.  The grey/silver band has a sheen to it that differs from the pigment bands so is probably metallic silver rather than grey.   Perhaps this color-balanced zoomed in view of it will help.

Its a tossup between:
   Brown (1) Black (0)  Black(0) Silver (/100) Black (???) = One ohm, with a mystery black final band (as black isn't a tolerance color)
and:
   Brown (1) Black (0)  Black(x1) Silver (10% Tol.) Black (250ppm TC) = Ten ohms, 10% tolerance 250ppm temperature coefficient.

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Online soldar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2024, 05:31:33 pm »
The value wouldn't start with black unless the multiplier band was silver, and 180 would be BROWN grey black black.  The grey/silver band has a sheen to it that differs from the pigment bands so is probably metallic silver rather than grey.   Perhaps this color-balanced zoomed in view of it will help.

Its a tossup between:
   Brown (1) Black (0)  Black(0) Silver (/100) Black (???) = One ohm, with a mystery black final band (as black isn't a tolerance color)
and:
   Brown (1) Black (0)  Black(x1) Silver (10% Tol.) Black (250ppm TC) = Ten ohms, 10% tolerance 250ppm temperature coefficient.
You are correct, of course. I had a brain fart there. I blame it on the flu I am undergoing.
All my posts are made with 100% recycled electrons and bare traces of grey matter.

Offline Herschel

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2024, 05:22:19 pm »
if the second band from the nearest ist band is silver, it would be a 10ohm resistor. So what about the last black band? that depents from where you got that resistor. if its from a cheap chinese powersupply, that makes sense. i have seen a lot of things like this before...
or if the second band is grey, which makes the last(Tolerance band brown making it an 80 ohm resistor with 1% tolerance)

anyway check your resistor here:
https://www.digikey.in/en/resources/conversion-calculators/conversion-calculator-resistor-color-code?_gl=1

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf