Author Topic: Tenma DC Power Supply 72-705  (Read 1434 times)

Offline Dragon-footTopic starter

Tenma DC Power Supply 72-705
« on: April 11, 2019, 01:38:04 pm »
Good Morning All,

You guess it. I'm a newbie. I'm trying to get any info on the above power supply. I have contacted Tenma and was told that its to old and that they do not have any info. I have google it.
Searched any sites that deals with older manuals, no luck your site is the only site that even has the model number listed. I tried to reach out to the person that posted it. But was unable
to email him. I saw that he was a fellow ham and looked up his call sign, but no email address listed.

Thanks

Online Andy Watson

• Super Contributor
Re: Tenma DC Power Supply 72-705
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 02:24:05 pm »
Can you post some photos? Tenma are usually re-badged designs - you might have more luck if you can identify the original manufacturer.

The following users thanked this post: Dragon-foot

Offline mikerj

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 04:20:38 pm »
Googling images of that model it looks very much like the XG95D that Maplin in the UK used to sell under their "Precision Gold" brand.

If so it's based on the trusty old 723 regulator IC, so about as basic as you can get for a regulated supply.  There is a thread on the vintage-radios forum which includes a schematic that someone drew on one channel.

The following users thanked this post: Dragon-foot

Online Andy Watson

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 05:32:38 pm »
Googling images of that model it looks very much like the XG95D that Maplin in the UK used to sell under their "Precision Gold" brand.
And the Lodestar PS 303D.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf