Author Topic: Trying to find a denser LED than the 100w COBs on Amazon  (Read 543 times)

Offline netham45Topic starter

Trying to find a denser LED than the 100w COBs on Amazon
« on: April 04, 2021, 02:22:40 am »
I have some 100W LEDs I got off of Amazon that I'm shining through a small 2mm^2-ish hole onto a projector. I'm looking for something that has the LEDs more dense on the board so I can get more light through that hole.

If I could find something like a normal 100W LED COB that had all of the LEDs in a smaller area that would work, or if I could find a chip with the same density but brighter per LED that'd also work.

I found http://fcopto.com/portfolio-items/luna-200/?portfolioCats=3 which looks like it would do what I want but I can't find it for sale anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find an LED like that or a comparable one?

Offline mvs

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Trying to find a denser LED than the 100w COBs on Amazon
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 08:07:33 am »
I have some 100W LEDs I got off of Amazon that I'm shining through a small 2mm^2-ish hole onto a projector. I'm looking for something that has the LEDs more dense on the board so I can get more light through that hole.
The hole is way to small for a COB LED, look for Cree XHP or something similar.

Offline Marco

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 09:46:32 am »
Car LED headlights?

Offline mikerj

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 10:28:42 am »
Could you not put a condenser lens between your LED and the hole?  You'll be throwing away a huge amount of light otherwise.

The following users thanked this post: beanflying

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2021, 10:46:43 am »
Sounds much more like you need an optical solution as much as more power. What are you projecting into/onto or through? Would you be better to look at something in the visible Laser area for a solution?
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf