Author Topic: Trying to use the CC2510 Debug Interface from RP2040  (Read 472 times)

Offline JaunedeauTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Trying to use the CC2510 Debug Interface from RP2040
« on: December 17, 2023, 11:10:44 am »
Hi,

I am trying (just for the sake of learning) to use the CC2510 debug interface from an RP2040 (aliex clone Rp Pico). The documentation I use is mainly the CC1110/ CC2430/ CC2510 Debug and Programming Interface Specification Rev. 1.2.

I see no response from the CC2510. I checked all the connections several time with a DMM.

In the trace (see attachement) you can see :
- I switch all pin from 0 to 1 one after the other to check that ecerything is fine on the breadboard (the 4.25µs is the shortest pulse I can have using the delay lib I currently use)
- As in chapter 2.3 I put reset down, send two rising clock pulses, then reset high
- I then send 0b01101000, hich should be GET_CHIP_ID according to table 2 in chapter 2.4
- I switch the data pin to input (with pull up on the attached trace, but I also tried with pull down and floating)
- I wait a bit then send a serie of clock pulses, hoping to see chip id and chip revision as stated in chapter 2.4.4 (the drawing on this chapter makes me think pull downs are expected)

Can you help me debug this ?

I join my (Rust) source code.

Thank you,
J.

Offline JaunedeauTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Trying to use the CC2510 Debug Interface from RP2040
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 09:54:38 am »
I made several changes and I don't know which ones were the good ones in the end, but I manage to make it work. I'll leave my hugly code here in case someone having the same problem finds this thread.

trace :
- two pulses to enter debug mode
- sending 0x68 (ask for chip id)
- answered "CC2510 rev 4"

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf