Author Topic: what is the ic name for this chip.  (Read 1227 times)

Offline prodarknessTopic starter

• Contributor
what is the ic name for this chip.
« on: March 22, 2018, 09:09:14 am »
i'm having problem finding the identical ic's online can someone help .. appreciate much, thank you.   

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
Re: what is the ic name for this chip.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 09:17:43 am »
It isn't an IC or semiconductor. It's a common mode choke: a passive component.

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 09:26:34 am »
@hero999 does this common mode choke have values to look out for ? because i am repairing a board but this component does not have a values stated and i believe its spoiled.

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 11:17:32 am »
@hero999 does this common mode choke have values to look out for ? because i am repairing a board but this component does not have a values stated and i believe its spoiled.
What makes you think that?

It has two coils on the same core, which should be isolated from one another, like a transformer, except it isn't used in that manner. It should be fairly easy to verify there's no insulation failure or melting of the wire, with a continuity test.

A common mode choke is used for EMI filtering, quite often to comply with EMC regulations. It's possible the circuit may work without it, just no longer comply with the relevant regulations and risk causing interference.

See links below for more information:
https://www.murata.com/~/media/webrenewal/products/emc/emifil/knowhow/26to30.ashx
http://www.we-online.com/web/en/passive_components_custom_magnetics/blog_pbcm/blog_detail_electronics_in_action_61439.php

If the common mode choke is bad, it's highly likely due to something else in the circuit going wrong. I think it's highly likely the fault lies somewhere else in the circuit.

The following users thanked this post: prodarkness

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 06:30:51 am »
@hero999 thank you so much will search for other faulty parts in the circuit board :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf