Author Topic: Would the HP E4350A work well as a standard lab power supply  (Read 746 times)

Offline BobertsawesomeTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Would the HP E4350A work well as a standard lab power supply
« on: April 17, 2018, 10:11:35 pm »
Hi there, I found a listing for the HP E4350A ina very good condition for an awesome price. Upon looking at what it was, I noticed its designed for solar array simulation purposes. But, reading the manual it stated the following:

Fixed Mode: This is a POWER ON mode. The I-V has a rectangular characteristic of a standard power supply when an output capacitor is added in this mode.

So it seems to me it could work as a standard lab power supply with the modification of bringing the output power to the front. But what I'm asking is:

- In the manual, it stated that an output capacitor is needed, does this mean I would have to wire up some standard capacitors for the output to be stable?
- Is going through all of this modification worth it? The bid is at 49 with no bidders or watchers, and it ends in 23 hours. With the shipping being $55usd I could nab it probably for around $110.

Thanks for any advice you all have, this is also my first post here. I'm certainly glad to be part of the community. ^-^
This is the listing for those wanting more information: https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-E4350A-Variable-DC-Power-Supply-Solar-Array-Simulator-220VAC-In-450W-60VDC-8A/292520227824?hash=item441b9073f0:g:WQ0AAOSwvRpaznyv
Just a hobbyist and evolving voltnut

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf