Author Topic: No Private Messages possible  (Read 1467 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline deJulian1988Topic starter

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 10
  • Country: de
No Private Messages possible
« on: September 22, 2026, 05:30:27 am »
Is it possible for the admins to enable private messaging on my account? I’d like to reply to someone, but I can't because I’ve only made four posts so far. Am I supposed to write four junk posts just so I can send a private message?
 

Offline thm_w

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 9818
  • Country: ca
  • Non-expert
Re: No Private Messages possible
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2026, 10:12:02 pm »
Is it possible for the admins to enable private messaging on my account? I’d like to reply to someone, but I can't because I’ve only made four posts so far. Am I supposed to write four junk posts just so I can send a private message?

10 posts, yeah it encourages junk posts but not much can be done.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/blog/cant-write-private-messages-why/
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures
 

Offline EEVblog

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Posts: 42266
  • Country: au
    • EEVblog
Re: No Private Messages possible
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2026, 01:35:37 am »
Is it possible for the admins to enable private messaging on my account? I’d like to reply to someone, but I can't because I’ve only made four posts so far. Am I supposed to write four junk posts just so I can send a private message?

Nope, sorry, can't be done. We get too many DM's from scammers.
It is not enabled per account, it's enabled based on groups.
 

Offline deJulian1988Topic starter

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 10
  • Country: de
Re: No Private Messages possible
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2026, 11:05:00 am »
So, do I have to make a total of 10 posts to be able to send private messages?
 

Offline deJulian1988Topic starter

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 10
  • Country: de
Re: No Private Messages possible
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2026, 11:07:22 am »
3
 

Offline deJulian1988Topic starter

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 10
  • Country: de
Re: No Private Messages possible
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2026, 11:08:14 am »
2
 

Offline deJulian1988Topic starter

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 10
  • Country: de
Re: No Private Messages possible
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2026, 11:10:06 am »
1 okay i have 10 posts :-) thank
 

Offline golden_labels

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2478
  • Country: pl
Re: No Private Messages possible
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2026, 04:54:09 pm »
Exhibit № 1: how to tarnish one’s own opinion in just a few minutes. 🤦
Why 📎 | We live in times when half of people have IQ below 100.
 

Offline EEVblog

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Posts: 42266
  • Country: au
    • EEVblog
Re: No Private Messages possible
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2026, 12:56:38 am »
1 okay i have 10 posts :-) thank

If you don't plan on actually contributing here, how about I just delete your posts and/or account...
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->