Author Topic: [FS] EU SM2044 Signametrics PCI Multimeter, 6½ digit, LCR  (Read 2310 times)

Offline samofabTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
[FS] EU SM2044 Signametrics PCI Multimeter, 6½ digit, LCR
« on: July 25, 2020, 11:34:16 am »
Hello,

I'm selling my SM2044 Signametrics PCI Digital Multimeter, 6½ digit, LCR including a PC (Lenovo M55) with activated Windows 10 32-bit running Signametrics driver and tool. The card is also accessible using VISA.

As the title says, this is a 6½ digit multimeter with LCR functionality, but this particular unit is also cable of sourcing AC/DC Voltage or Current (up to +/- 10V or 20Vpp; 12mA). I guess that makes it half way to a SMU.

The card should be considered uncalibrated on most ranges. On some DC ranges I calibrated it myself against 34470A.

Asking for 330 230 190 EUR. The price includes shipping to EU and GB.

Attached datasheet, and screenshot showing voltage of my LM299 reference. Hardly scientific, but it stays within +/-4 digits in few hours (after warmup).
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 07:45:20 am by samofab »

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
Re: [FS] EU SM2044 Signametrics PCI Multimeter, 6½ digit, LCR
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 12:54:17 pm »
Damn i was searching for theses cards 1 year ago ....   :-+

I still have all the softwares and docs, but no card    loll

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 02:01:53 pm »
How much just for the meter board ? 

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 05:34:47 pm »
A computer is not worth a lot on its own  :) , I guess 280 EUR just for the card.
PS: Shipping to Canada: 75 EUR just for the card.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 04:25:42 pm »
Price too high, I guess.
Reducing to 230 EUR shipped in EU, GB.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 11:20:56 pm »
PS: Shipping to Canada: 75 EUR just for the card.
Do you ship by DHL express  :o? Otherwise it should be more like  EUR 10-15 by post.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 06:34:40 am »
That quote was express (3-4 days). I get my quotes from www.eurosender.com (no affiliation), they are, in a sense, a broker for couriers.
In case you're wondering: regular post office 2kg to Canada is 38 EUR.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 08:36:46 am »
That quote was express (3-4 days). I get my quotes from www.eurosender.com (no affiliation), they are, in a sense, a broker for couriers.
In case you're wondering: regular post office 2kg to Canada is 38 EUR.
Still a lot for 2 Kg, though I fail to see how this can weight above 1kg even including box. Also you are looking at the wrong price it seems. https://en.posta.si/Documents/Price%20lists/International%20rates.pdf
Should be looking at letters, not parcels which start at 2kg.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 09:22:15 am »
Depending on the person who is standing in the post office at any given day, he or she can decide whether they will allow you to post a package as a letter or whether they will be annoying and claim that letter pricing is only for paper documents. Lately this is almost guaranteed. I think I heard elsewhere on eevblog that Germany has the same issue.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2020, 11:23:42 am »
Depending on the person who is standing in the post office at any given day, he or she can decide whether they will allow you to post a package as a letter or whether they will be annoying and claim that letter pricing is only for paper documents.
|O Pricing for paper documents is half of that. So called "letter" is not for papers but all sorts of items. Look for "Printed papers" to see that pricing. Do you really think that lowest tier your post allows to send is 2kg?  :palm:

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2020, 11:35:43 am »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2020, 12:15:47 pm »
I'm sure there are many people who love arguing with post office workers. I'm don't count myself among them, unless absolutely necessary. In addition.. Latvia (wraper's flag) is in EU and shipping to EU is "free". The point of this thread is not to argue about post office prices, but to find a good home for a nice piece of T&M gear.

If you have a great project or nice video planned, contact me and we'll see what we can do about the total price.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2020, 12:57:17 pm »
I don't want to buy it. I'm telling you that you are losing international buyers by your misunderstanding of postal operation. BTW I shipped 1000s of items by post and was never refused to ship the parcel. And small parcels below 2kg here are called "letters" too.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2020, 01:32:11 pm »
Thank you for your concern. In my experience same things in different countries function ever so slightly different. It's also possible that there is a problem with my particular post office.

Online jogri

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2020, 08:55:27 pm »
I don't want to buy it. I'm telling you that you are losing international buyers by your misunderstanding of postal operation. BTW I shipped 1000s of items by post and was never refused to ship the parcel. And small parcels below 2kg here are called "letters" too.

Sure, they will ship it (after all, they make profit doing it), but i am rather certain that they will refuse any form of compensation if it goes missing or arrives damaged. Shipping documents/paper is probably cheaper because they don't have to include a surcharge to account for damaged parcels.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2020, 09:26:11 pm »

Sure, they will ship it (after all, they make profit doing it), but i am rather certain that they will refuse any form of compensation if it goes missing or arrives damaged. Shipping documents/paper is probably cheaper because they don't have to include a surcharge to account for damaged parcels.
Shipping books, documents and other printed papers is a different much cheaper tier and has nothing to do with regular letters. If a post worker said otherwise, they should be fired for incompetence. On the post website it's pretty obvious you can ship items as letter tier. Again, it would be completely ridiculous if the lowest tier for goods would be a 2kg parcel. Also in my experience, they will really check if you ship papers if you try to ship it in paper tier.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 09:30:30 pm by wraper »

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2020, 11:04:01 pm »
completely ridiculous if the lowest tier for goods would be a 2kg parcel

Why? They have to draw a line somewhere so why not there? Anything smaller, hence cheaper, might not be worh their while dealing with.

I'm not saying 2Kg is the lower limit, just disputing that xKg is a ridiculous baseline.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2020, 11:17:22 pm »
completely ridiculous if the lowest tier for goods would be a 2kg parcel

Why? They have to draw a line somewhere so why not there? Anything smaller, hence cheaper, might not be worh their while dealing with.

I'm not saying 2Kg is the lower limit, just disputing that xKg is a ridiculous baseline.
Because the vast majority of postal shipments are way smaller. And 100g VS 2kg is a huge deal for air shipments. If smallest tier was 2kg, it would be simply not viable to ship most of items.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 11:19:11 pm by wraper »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2020, 07:45:43 am »
Dropping price to 190 EUR.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf