Author Topic: (sold) Advantest R8340A ultra high resistance meter  (Read 1448 times)

Offline PartialDischargeTopic starter

• Super Contributor
(sold) Advantest R8340A ultra high resistance meter
« on: November 23, 2020, 07:45:26 pm »
For sale is a semi-faulty R8340A. Thread about this model of equipment is here https://www.eevblog.com/forum/metrology/advantest-r8340a-picoammeter-high-resistance-meter-review/

So this particular unit has a 0-1000V generator which works well, it will also display current through the device or resistance.
However not all ranges measure well and I don't know exactly why that is, I suspect a calibration problem with the unit. For example a 1GOhm resistors as the one used in the picture with 1000V applied, measures different current depending on the scale selected:
1.0uA (1 digit, correct value)
0.95uA (2 digits)
0.664uA (3 digits)

« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 12:48:28 pm by MasterTech »

Offline Hydron

• Frequent Contributor
Re: (FS in EU) Advantest R8340A ultra high resistance meter
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 09:56:11 am »
Did you try and run through the calibration routine on the unit? And any feel as to what shipping would be to the UK?

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 11:31:56 am »
I just sold all my Triax cables....  |O
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

Offline Hydron

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 12:44:29 pm »
Why hasn't someone else stepped in to solve this TEA syndrome dilemma?

MasterTech - am obviously tempted, will have a look at the dimensions etc first though, as I'm a bit space constrained (work and hobby electronics are currently co-habiting due to covid). No hard feelings if someone else puts their hand up first.

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 12:58:40 pm »
OK, if shipping to Germany is not too much, I will offer it a home  ^-^, please PM me with payment details assuming that @Hydron doesn't decide that it fits his bench.

Cheers,
 DC1MC

Offline Hydron

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 02:38:08 pm »
OK, if shipping to Germany is not too much, I will offer it a home  ^-^, please PM me with payment details assuming that @Hydron doesn't decide that it fits his bench.

Cheers,
 DC1MC

Good choice, if only for a 0-1000V voltage source this is an extremely nice equipment, packed with expensive components inside...

Go for it if you're going to get good use from it - MasterTech is right especially about the power supply portion - it was probably the biggest drawcard for me and I would have snapped it up if I didn't already have a 400V supply that's sufficient for most stuff I do  :-+

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
Re: (sold) Advantest R8340A ultra high resistance meter
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2020, 06:12:16 pm »
The Eagle has landed and after a day of getting to the room temperature I have started, so far so good, no smoke is coming, it responds to commands, just some questions:

- Behind, where the BCD interface was is a huge hole, did you have the cover for it and forgot to put it in the parcel, or this unit didn't have one. Also if you have such a cover, could you please post some pictures of it, to try to get some 3D printed ?

- One corner in front is a little chipped, was it like this or the UPS guys mistreated it ?

Beside this, soon my (long) vacation will start and we'll get to know better each other  >:D.

So I can gladly recommend MasterTech as a good seller of TE  :-+, now if somebody in DE has a triax cable/socket that can part of, on a reasonable price, please PM me, the  >:Dbay stuff is really scary.

Cheers,
 DC1MC

Offline PartialDischargeTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: (sold) Advantest R8340A ultra high resistance meter
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 04:28:58 pm »
-About the BCD, some of the R8340 that I initially bought had that board (which is useless) and others didn't, but they had no cover panel...
-The way it was packed it is difficult for it to be chipped in transport, can u share a pic?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf