Author Topic: (SCAM) eBay: Fluke 734A DC Reference Standard w/ 4x Fluke 732B DC Standards  (Read 1528 times)

Offline tatelTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Net related to me in any way, and definitely out of my league, perhaps somebody here will know if it's good for him or not:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186447948693
« Last Edit: May 19, 2024, 12:35:14 pm by tatel »

Online RAQU_PL

• Contributor
Net related to me in any way, and definitely out of my league, perhaps somebody here will know if it's good for him or not:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186447948693

Nope, it is a scam.

In the description is fake ebay link to scam You and others.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 03:47:48 pm by RAQU_PL »

• Frequent Contributor
Yep, that link doesn't look legit. First time I look into what is quite possibly a scam on ebay. Link doesn't work for me. I'll be following it to see what happens.

It looks that seller account has been broken into ant it does look there are quite a few fraudulent listings placed

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
yep smell fake

you can not redirect a purchase outside ebay,  and the typo errors in the link

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
I reported it to Ebay detailing the external URL designed to fool  the buyer that it's a pukka Ebay URL. Got a replay just now:

Hello xxxxxx,
Thanks again for reporting the listing(s) you found.

What happened:
We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy. This determination was made using automation or artificial intelligence.

If you reported content that isn’t listed below, we’ll send a separate email once we’ve made a decision.

Your reference ID:
2-178046xxxxxx

Here are the listings you reported that are included in this decision:
Item: 186447948693 Fluke 734A DC Reference Standard w/ 4x Fluke 732B DC Standards - Working!

Thank you for being part of the eBay community.
Thanks,
eBay

Dunno why I bothered. Certainly not tempted to again.

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
done the same thing and received the same prefab  message    pfffff

Offline CalibrationGuy

• Supporter
There is also another listing for a Fluke 732b. I reported that listing because the serial number belongs to one of my voltage references, which is definitely not for sale!

TomG.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2024, 05:08:49 am by CalibrationGuy »

The following users thanked this post: guenthert, Lstkartagi

• Frequent Contributor
Well, I also reported it yesterday. I'm very interested in seeeing how eBay behaves in these cases.

This is the answer from eBay (I edited the reference ID):

Thanks for reporting the content you found to be problematic on our site.

We’re looking into it now. We’ll let you know once we’ve reviewed it and provide you with details of any decision that we make.

We wanted to let you know that when eBay makes a decision based on your report, the user who provided the content may have a right to appeal. If they successfully appeal, we may be legally required to reverse our decision and any resulting actions.

Your reference ID:

Thank you for being part of the eBay community.
Thanks,
eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

At this moment, that listing is still going and the bid has go up to $281.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2024, 07:48:24 am by tatel »

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
Well, I also reported it yesterday. I'm very interested in seeeing how eBay behaves in these cases.

This is the answer from eBay (I edited the reference ID):

Yep, that's the stock reply when you first report it. Shortly, you will get the stock "not a problem" conclusion quoted above.

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
I've tried reporting it as
Fraudulent Listing->Suspect Fraudulent
and
Banned or Inappropriate payment->Methods not allowed

We'll see which gets their attention :)

EDIT: AI rejected Fraudulent Listing->Suspect Fraudulent
EDIT: the other report?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2024, 11:14:00 am by tggzzz »
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline factory

• Super Contributor
I've noticed for a while, that the ebay reporting system has become useless, doesn't matter if it AI or a person deciding, they reject everything, I'm thinking they don't care as long as they are making lots of $$$. As a result I hardly ever bother as it's just a waste of my time when they don't follow their rules and take no action.

I'm reported this hacked listing too, I expect the same response.  |O

David

Edit: It would be good if the OP could change the title, to mention that this is a SCAM.
Looking at the sold items it's mostly low value plant & tree seeds that this UK seller lists.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2024, 12:27:12 pm by factory »

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
I've noticed for a while, that the ebay reporting system has become useless, doesn't matter if it AI or a person deciding, they reject everything, I'm thinking they don't care as long as they are making lots of $$$. As a result I hardly ever bother as it's just a waste of my time when they don't follow their rules and take no action.

I'm reported this hacked listing too, I expect the same response.  |O

Which reason did you give?

I'm expecting "hey ebay, you're losing money" to be the more effective.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline factory

• Super Contributor
I put something about the sellers account being hacked and the scam link in the description, under the Fraudulent Listing option.

David

• Frequent Contributor
It would be good if the OP could change the title, to mention that this is a SCAM.
Looking at the sold items it's mostly low value plant & tree seeds that this UK seller lists.

You are right. Done.

The following users thanked this post: factory, Lstkartagi

Offline CalibrationGuy

• Supporter
Even though he has my unit for sale with my serial number and my calibration report, they said that the listing does not violate their policies.  :palm:

And I also mentioned that he has a link external to eBay to buy the unit outside of the eBay system, and that wasn't good enough either.

Oh well, I tried.

TomG.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2024, 04:33:43 pm by CalibrationGuy »

• Frequent Contributor
Well, now the link to the listing gives a "missing page" message.

Offline factory

• Super Contributor
There are still nearly 900+ scam listings on the hacked account, you would think ePay would have some way of automatically detecting a sudden large amount of listings (several thousand earlier), that are not the sellers normal items and located in a different country.  :-// Hopefully the seller has noticed this and is working to get their account restored back to how it should be, if not they are going to have a shock tomorrow morning.  :wtf:

David

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf