Author Topic: FS (UK/EU) HP5065A Rb Standard  (Read 651 times)

Offline pamphonicaTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
FS (UK/EU) HP5065A Rb Standard
« on: May 23, 2024, 12:46:10 pm »
I have come to the sad decision that I must move on my lovely Rb standard, as I really don't make proper use of it any more. I know that it is a superb device and much loved by timenuts.  It has been nice to posess one and to keep it going, but it just isn't really needed, so must go.

This HP Rb standard was discussed in a recent thread, when I saw an odd intermittent fault:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/metrology/hp5065a-odd-fault/msg5379551/#msg5379551
Many thanks to John, Corby and Chuck for their advice. The main fault seems to have been connectors, which were repaired where needed, cleaned and re-attached.  I also had to re-make a few solder joints on power resistors.

While I was at it, I also did all the electrolytic cap replacements Corby suggests,  as well as putting in a bridge rectifier instead of the toasting A15 board diodes and heat-sinking the diode on the A2 board.  A previous owned has added a neat buffer amp to give a 10MHz output on the rear panel, which could be removed.  The resistors in the optical package look very good amd measure spot on.  The OCXO adjustment shaft is intact and moving freely.

The top and bottom covers do not look quite right and have probably been replaced but fit fine.  There is a label inside saying that it was serviced by HP in March 1991.  There are some scratches on the right hand side of the front panel.

The 5065A has been on soak test for 6 weeks now with no issues.  Solid green light all the way and steady 2nd Harmonic level.  I did have to remove and re-seat the 1MHz divider board to get the 1MHz/100KHz outputs working again, after about 3 weeks.

I know that these devices go for silly money on Ebay but am offering it here first to see if anyone would like to make a sensible offer.  At least this one can be seen working and has had the obvious maintenance tasks done!

Ideally I would like this collected (UK) but I could ship.  The caveat is that I won't warrant it for damage in transit - it will be shipped at your risk.  It is essentially uninsurable with a carrier.  So please collect it and see it working, and have a cuppa!  Or I might be able to deliver within 100 miles or so as long as my costs are covered.

I have put a number of photos on Dropbox including the meter reading at each position.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/oimml2xvxuhtt10ll93xk/AG0yfFWOG2oVQ0LNBoFV3Yk?rlkey=aqkp3rac3pxilr8e0wfxws7ex&dl=0

Send me a message if you want any more details, or to make an offer.

regards,  Jeremy

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf