Author Topic: FS: US Tektronix TDS3054 (Engineering unit?)  (Read 411 times)

Offline Jwalling

• Supporter
  • This is work?
FS: US Tektronix TDS3054 (Engineering unit?)
« on: October 25, 2020, 01:39:02 pm »
This TDS3054 came to me on a trade-in from a customer who was looking for a newer scope.

It appears to be an engineering or prototype unit given the serial # and the odd firmware version.

Passes self test and SPC 10 times each. Even though I just ran SPC today on October 25th, it still states it was run on Nov 25th. (Firmware bug?) I changed the date to Nov. 26th 2020 and ran it again. Now the scope states that the last SPC was run on Dec. 26th 2020. Yep, that's a firmware bug! There's probably more of those, expect some weirdness...

Floppy drive is good.
There is a 4cm vertical line on the lower left corner of the LCD off the graticule area. It's hard to see, and it does not extend all the way up the screen, which is odd. See close-up.
Bandwidth is tested and it's -3dB point is about 600MHz. It triggers OK on all four channels @ 600MHz as well.
This scope ignores firmware update disks, so the firmware can't be changed to a released version. At least not in the normal manner...
Dallas chip is keeping time when powered off. Scope has 5114 hours on it.

$500 + shipping. Paypal only to the continental US.
I'll take a return if you decide it's not for you, but shipping is not refundable.

Thanks.
Jay

System error. Strike any user to continue.

Offline Jwalling

• Supporter
  • This is work?
Re: FS: US Tektronix TDS3054 (Engineering unit?)
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 11:10:36 am »
I've been playing a bit more with the TDS3054 this morning. It has DC offsets that are outside of what they should be.
SPC, while passing, does not seem to correct this as it should. Whether this is a firmware issue, or a calibration issue, I don't know.

Someone has expressed interest, so I'm updating the thread.
Jay

System error. Strike any user to continue.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf