Author Topic: SOURCED. Quality RTD or up to and including a Working SPRT  (Read 1183 times)

Offline beanflyingTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
I have been looking for a 'reasonable' Temperature reference Probe with better specs than my current 4 wire RTD. Evilbay at best has non tested ones of unknown ages and histories for more than I would like to gamble or asshats like this wanting $250 USD for scrap.  :palm:

Open to offers but the sort of gear I want to Calibrate will need a device toward or better than 0.01C (calibrating sensors to 0.1C or better) of drift and a range of at least -50-400C.

A case would be nice but not essential  :)

« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 02:09:29 am by beanflying »
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline TiN

• Super Contributor
    • xDevs.com
Re: Wanted Quality RTD or up to and including a Working SPRT
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 11:34:38 am »
For SPRT with data budget need to be in thousands $, unless you in perfect time and perfect place to know some people who closing the lab  :).
As of quality RTD, you can buy them from Omega[/quote].
YouTube | Metrology IRC Chat room | Let's share T&M documentation? Upload! No upload limits for firmwares, photos, files.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 12:04:40 pm »
I have been waiting for a call from Omega for 3 days already  :rant: I am not sure they still have a local sales office due to their phone number.

Only putting it out there that someone may have one and I have a rough idea of what a new Calibrated SPRT is worth  :o So no harm in asking if anyone has a Spare going cheap ;D
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 12:13:56 pm »
SPRT, you must have deeep pockets ...

I have a Fluke 5616 Secondary Reference PRT that was bought used really cheap and is for sale.
- The calibrated accuracy is ± 0.011 °C at 0 °C
- The short-term repeatability is better than ± 0.010 °C (± 0.004 °C is typical)
- The long term drift is ± 0.007 °C at the triple point of water when exposed up to its maximum temperature (420 °C) for 100 hours

I bought this one many years ago really cheap for $ 350 and I am willing to sell it for the same price.
It has PTFE cables and gold plated MC 4mm banana plugs.
It is in relative good physical condition.
The only problem and why it was cheap: I do NOT have the calibration papers, or any other values on paper.
And Fluke does not keep calibration data, as I have tried to get them from Fluke USA.

But, I have a second Fluke 5616 with complete calibration papers that I bought brand new
from Fluke for like $ 1200 I think. This known probe I used to find the R0 value of the one I am selling.
And if I enter the correct R0 for both probes they seems to be in perfect alignment.
This was tested on my Keithley DMM7510 and Keysight 3458A.

Here are a few pictures:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 12:16:14 pm by HighVoltage »
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

The following users thanked this post: beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 12:34:34 pm »
Thanks will drop you a PM about your original Secondary PRT. I have a Sika Dry well and am waiting on the arrival of a Kaye Ice Point Calibrator so with a good reference will be a long way in front of what the home brew bath I have been using to date.

• Super Contributor
And after an extended tour of the world in a suitcase the Fluke has rocked up and works a treat.

Thanks @ HighVoltage and your courier of choice :-+

Shame the 34461A only has one setting for alpha for working RTD's so some maths will be needed to correct for the pure platinum Fluke. Or maybe I 'need' another meter  >:D Uncorrected R0 at this stage but it can't be far off based on what gear I already have.

The following users thanked this post: HighVoltage

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf