Author Topic: LFS/WTB: zybo zynq-7000 development board  (Read 1767 times)

Offline MrMetthewTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Where it all comes down to : i = c (dv/dt)
LFS/WTB: zybo zynq-7000 development board
« on: July 08, 2015, 07:42:22 pm »
Any one happens to sell one or knows a good site to source one in belgium? I can buy in a quantity of three if that helps, and also am entitled to the academic pricing. Another board around the zynq-7000 soc would also be good, if there exist others at all. Normally I'd buy one from trenz-electronic.de for 140 euro shipped plus vat incl, but there all out and I don't know when they will be in stock again. I'm looking for atleast a simular price!

Thanks in advance !!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 07:47:16 pm by MrMetthew »

Offline mubes

• Regular Contributor
  • Do Not Boil
Re: LFS/WTB: zybo zynq-7000 development board
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 11:08:47 pm »
Hi,

Is the Parallella any good to you? https://www.parallella.org/  Zynq-7010 (IIRC) and a 16 core parallel CPU as a bonus. They've got them on sale at the moment. Available in Europe from RS and Digikey.

DAVE

Offline MrMetthewTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Where it all comes down to : i = c (dv/dt)
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 05:35:23 am »
Is the Parallella any good to you? https://www.parallella.org/  Zynq-7010 (IIRC) and a 16 core parallel CPU as a bonus. They've got them on sale at the moment. Available in Europe from RS and Digikey.

WOW that's some serious hardware that you're getting for the price, incredible!! Thanks man, see that's why I chose to ask my question on the forum! It's also a really interesting board to experiment with the use of fpga vs a multi-core approach for parallel processing! I'll have to check it out further tonight, see which pins they choose to route, the change to a (slightly) different fpge etc, but it just turned into a prime contender! And if on the cheapest model the gpio is routed but the connectors just aren't populated, it's gonna turn almost in a no-brainer buy! Thanks again! Somebody is subsidizing the fuck out of this board!

Offline mubes

• Regular Contributor
  • Do Not Boil
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 08:32:41 am »
Well, it gets better....the Parallella people are a bunch to work with too (originally funded by Kickstarter or an equivalent, if memory serves).

The board has Hirose-style miniature expansion connectors on it. I was using the boards for Robotics applications and needed larger connectors to be able to get access.  They had produced the prototypes of some suitable breakout boards but not commercialized them yet. I sent them email to see if I could get Gerbers to build some up and they shipped me half a dozen of the boards for free (actually, I insisted on paying for the P&P, cos too much of that nice behavior will send 'em bust).

Worth shopping around for the boards...I'm not sure RS got the memo about the price reductions :-)

DAVE

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf