Author Topic: Artek's FTP?  (Read 1626 times)

Offline Chris56000Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Artek's FTP?
« on: February 01, 2020, 01:36:28 am »
Hi!

Dies anybody know how to actually download a manual from Artek's rotten FTP?

I've bought two, they send me a link that says

ftp://xxxxxxxxx:yyyyyyyyy@ftp.artekmedia.com/ etc.,

and it doesn't matter where you click or copy/paste, you never get a connection and the page they send telling you how to get it is nonsense!

Can someone explain exactly how it's done please?

Why don't they get rid of that rotten ftp and use a short duration direct link? I've wasted hours trying to get the items I bought with no success, either on phones, home pcs, work pcs and using ftp clients!

Chris Williams
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 01:42:00 am by Chris56000 »
It's an enigma that's what it is!! This thing's not fixed because it doesn't want to be fixed!!

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
Re: Artek's FTP?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 02:07:02 am »
Not sure what your problem is, you can type in your browser ftp://ftp.artekmedia.com/etc    ,it will ask you for a user name and password, which is the xxx... and yyy... in your link.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 09:13:50 pm »
Hi!

I've tried with Google, Firefox (new Installation), FileZilla, Android FTP apps and many others for the entire day, and all I ever get is "Connection Reset" or "Connected to FTP Server", then "Awaiting Welcome Message", then "531 Connection Refused!"

Any more ideas?

Chris Williams

PS!

If I keep getting this nonsense downloading purchased data from them, every one I buy in future will have the watermark deleted and uploaded to a free manual repository – I'm fed up of this!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 09:18:40 pm by Chris56000 »
It's an enigma that's what it is!! This thing's not fixed because it doesn't want to be fixed!!

Offline Tomorokoshi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 09:28:30 pm »
I just tried this in a DOS shell:

Code: [Select]
C:\>ftp
ftp> open ftp.artekmedia.com
Connected to ftp.artekmedia.com.
220 startlogic FTP Server Ready
User (ftp.artekmedia.com:(none)):
500 USER: command requires a parameter
Login failed.
ftp>

Check if one of the FTP ports is being blocked on your side:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Transfer_Protocol

https://www.ntchosting.com/encyclopedia/ftp/ftp-port-connection/

Offline KE5FX

• Super Contributor
    • KE5FX.COM
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 09:32:37 pm »
If I keep getting this nonsense downloading purchased data from them, every one I buy in future will have the watermark deleted and uploaded to a free manual repository – I'm fed up of this!

Maybe take it easy with the threats until you find out what's actually wrong.  I agree that Dave really shouldn't be using FTP at this point in time, but his service has worked for many of us in the past, and hoisting the Jolly Roger won't put you ahead of the game in the long run.  Has he gotten back with you yet?

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 02:19:58 pm »

You probably have ports blocked in your router...  especially if you are at work.

I usually get them sent on a CD....

Offline Jeroen3

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded Engineer
    • jeroen3.nl
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 02:46:55 pm »
If the FTP server in is active mode you will not be able to use it as client behind a firewall.

https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ftp_modes

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 08:32:24 pm »
Hi!

The wierd thing is, when I tried accessing the purchased download on my workbench pc at my employment, the download link for the file appeared straight away by a simple left–click on the link provided in Artek's email, and that's on a system that's got locks, firewalls,  umpteen layers of corporate security nonsense precautions, servers in Poland, and paranoia to the extent of us all having to digest in their "training" videos, practically every month, yet a home pc with a simple Virgin Media direct wi–fi connection can't see it or gets turfed off every time!

I have since downloaded the purchased s.m. file at work, but it beats me what on earth the problem might be!

Chris Williams
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 08:34:25 pm by Chris56000 »

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 10:28:09 pm »
Hi!

The wierd thing is, when I tried accessing the purchased download on my workbench pc at my employment, the download link for the file appeared straight away by a simple left–click on the link provided in Artek's email, and that's on a system that's got locks, firewalls,  umpteen layers of corporate security nonsense precautions, servers in Poland, and paranoia to the extent of us all having to digest in their "training" videos, practically every month, yet a home pc with a simple Virgin Media direct wi–fi connection can't see it or gets turfed off every time!

I have since downloaded the purchased s.m. file at work, but it beats me what on earth the problem might be!

Chris Williams

It has to do with the settings in your home router and/or your PC.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf